Chapter 32-EPILOGUE

"Isabella?" I hear Taylor say to me. I just stand and stare at Jonathan's lifeless body. I did this. I think to myself. I killed him. 

   A Year Later

   I lay the white roses down on the grave. A silent tear rolls down onto the green grass. I read the sentence over and over in my head. Here Lies Max Wilson. Another tear. My heart beats loudly in my chest. I feel like a million knives have been stabbed into my heart. Over and over. 

   "Bella." I hear Taylor's soft voice whisper to me. I look at him and give him a small smile. He wipes a tear away from my cheek and kisses my forehead. 

   "Why did this have to happen?" I ask Taylor the same question I ask everytime we visit this grave. A year. A whole year. 

   "Mommy?" Xander walks over to me. My mother holds his tiny hand. His tiny hand that will soon be large. 

   I smile widely and pick him up in my arms. "Hey buddy. Are you being good for grandma?" I ask the smiling boy. He's a spitting image of Jonathan. The image that haunts me in my nightmares every night. The man who took my whole family away.

   "Yes." He answers with a wide smile. Xander is all I have left. All besides Taylor. The one who sleeps beside me every night. 

   "That's great." I ruffle his jet black hair. He looks a lot like Taylor, as well. That will make convincing Xander that Taylor is his father that much easier. "Has he done anything bad?" I ask my mother. Sadness fills her eyes even though she has a smile on her aged face. 

   "Not at all. He's a little angel. Can we talk?" I nod. She gives Xander to Taylor. Xander smiles widely and begins walking with Taylor. Yet another father Xander loves dearly. "Hun, you should really visit Xander more. They've allowed you many times however you never accept. Why not?" Her face shows concern and worry.

   I look back at Xander and Taylor playing. Taylor smiles widely at the young boy. He's always wanted a child. He tells me that all the time. "He looks just like him, mom. Just like Jonathan."

   "That's no reason to neglect your only child, Isabella." I look back at her and smile sadly. 

   "I'm afraid of what I may do to him. To his mentality. I've been through hell, mom. I don't want the one I love the most to have to witness me on one of my days." My eyes fill with tears that threaten to spill over. My mom lays her hand on my shoulder lightly and smiles at me with sadness in her eyes. 

   The choice seems easy. Keep custody of Xander or let my mother take care of him and I visit. However it isn't that easy. Not when everyone opposes.

   "You won't be this way forever, Isabella. You will have your bad days, yes. However that doesn't mean that you can neglect your only son. I have to mother you now and tell you that you need to keep Xander with you. Imagine him growing up. What will that be like? You'll only visit him on occasion. 'What's your mom like Xander?' He won't know, Isabella! Because you will not be in his life enough." The tears that threatened to spill begin streaming down my face. 

   "I didn't choose to have Xander, mom!" I suddenly yell at her. "I was kidnapped and raped."

   "You didn't say that." She hisses at me while narrowing her eyes. I bite my lip to keep the tears in.

   "You're keeping Xander with you and that's final." I look over at Taylor. He's already looking my way. Probably because of the yelling. " I have to go. Xander will stay with you. I'll be coming over tonight for dinner. If Xander asks, don't say anything." I motion for Taylor to come back over. He walks over with Xander in his arms. When Taylor reaches me, I hold Xander in my arms. "Give me kiss." He kisses my cheek and hugs my neck tightly. 

   "Are we going home now mommy?" He asks while rubbing his tired eyes. 

   "Not today. You're staying with grandma another night." He smiles and claps. "I love you, Xander." Taylor and I kiss his small cheeks and hand him over to my mother. "I'll see you tonight, Xander." I wave as he drives away with my mom.

   "What happened, Isabella?" Taylor asks as we walk back to the car. I sigh and shake my head lightly. A hand wraps around mine tightly. I look up at Taylor's face. Concern is written all over it.

   I sigh another long, deep sigh. "I tried to tell her that she needed to take Xander." I answer as we sit in the car.

   "What? Why? We talked about this, Isabella." He starts the car and pulls out of the parking lot. I bite my lip in nervousness. "We can take care of Xander, Isabella." He looks at me for a second before turning his attention back to the road.

   "I-I know. I'm just afraid that....I don't want anything to happen to Xander. What will we do when he gets older and wants to know stuff about why I'm so mental? What will we do?" I begin feeling very stressed and anxious as I begin thinking about the what-ifs. Taylor holds my hand with his free hand and rubs my knuckles with his thumb lightly.

   "Calm down, Isabella. It's alright. Xander can stay with your mom. We still have to visit him at least every few days. Like the court said, you're allowed to visit him everyday if you want to." I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a moment. "No matter what, we'll always work it out and be fine again."

   I open my eyes and look at Taylor. "Promise?" He looks at me.

   "I promise."

_____________

   TADA! I FINISHED! The epilogue isn't the greatest. Really just told you what happens after everything. I am going to write that other book, just as a fun little project for myself. I am still going to write The Witness, the other suspense/thriller book that I promised. The Witness will be posted before the next book about Xander and what happens when he's older. I don't even have a name for that yet hehe. When I post The Witness, I will post a chapter on this book informing you. So make sure to keep your eyes open for that update.

I am going to post the chapter about why Isabella did certain things soon (ex. Staying with Jonathan even when she could've escaped.)  That's all for now. Thank you SO MUCH for all reading this story and voting for my chapters. It makes me feel happier when the readers count goes up along with the votes ^-^ I love all of you and will be posting that one chapter stated above soon.

   THANK YOU FOR READING MY LOVELIES! I HAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS BOOK!

   ~CrazyTie