He's a she!

Kingston 1717 -

Elizabeth's POV --

Edward insisted on carrying me to the door of the inn as he said I was not 'stable' enough to walk yet.

As I was carried throughout the towns streets, we managed to nick a few items along the way. We acquired a green velvet cloak with a hood and a few fresh apples to for fill my hunger on the way. Edward slipped the cloak over me an put the hood up, trying to avoid detection of that I was in fact still alive.

He quickly walked to the inn door and put me down on my own two feet, placing his arm around my waist, balancing me so that I didn't fall on my face in front of everyone.

Eyes glanced our way for a mere few seconds before they all went back to either board games or chatting to friends.

Edward guided me slowly towards a table, of which was occupied by a lady. Her face looked so familiar, the shoulder length black hair and rouged lips that curved into a small smile, i knew well... yet I hadn't seen a women in a while. Who was she?

I looked up into Edwards amused eyes and I gave him a look that said 'who is she?'

He looked towards the woman and smirked, before clearing his throat.

"Elizabeth, meet Mary. Although in pretty sure you both know each other quite well?" His eyebrows raised in wonder.

Mary? Know each other quite well? I don't know anyone called Mary.

"Edward, I don't know her!? I'm so confused." They both chuckled and smiled at me as if I had said the dumbest thing on earth.

"Ahh yes. I forgot. Elizabeth this is who you refer to as James." My jaw dropped open and my eyes grew wide with shock.

"B..b..but...sh..she...can't..be...James is a man." But then it hit me, I did recognise her, the hair the lips the jaw line. No wonder I thought James looked feminine. He's a she or the opposite way round.

"So your really a she?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"You could say that lass. But you speak of this to anyone and you'll be at the top of my kill list." She said smiling.

"Well" said Edward awkwardly " now that that's out the way, I think it's time for a beer, don't you?" He asked grinning widely.

"Aye cap'n Kenway." I said smirking, taking in his handsome features that stood before me. "I think so"

----authors note ----

How was it? Did you like? Please vote and comment :) thanks for reading! If you get chance please check my new book out! It's called A rouge as an alfas mate. Cheers guys!