Nightmares and dreams

Nassau 1717 -

Elizabeth's POV -

I woke from my nightmare cold and shivery. I remember my child hood well, but not for good reasons. As I went into deep thought I unknowingly felt the scar of my thigh where my father branded me with the Templar mark.

I decided that I would put on my robes an wander around Nassau to familiarise myself with its beautiful viewpoints and take my mind of my past.

I first took my crisp white blouse and tucked it into the waistline of my dark black slim fitting trousers. Then taking my armoured black and red jacket and strapped it on, followed by tying the red belt around my waste fastening it with the symbolic buckel. I then took my light leather boots and placed them on my feet wiggling them into position before standing and heading towards my equipment. Finally placing the flintlock pistol, sword and dagger in their holsters and putting on my wrist blades on.

I took a quick leap from the window, landing in the sandy ally bellow.

As I wandered through the streets admiring Nassau's beauty unaware of the danger that was following behind me. Still unaware I took a short cut through a dark ally way between two houses.

Suddenly a pair of large hands grabbed my wrists and coveted my mouth restraining me. Unable to flick out my blades or scream for help.

"Be quiet you traitor!" The rough voice and shiny ring that was placed upon the right hands index finger emplied that it was a Templar.

I squirmed relentlessly knowing what my fate was going to be.

"Stop squirming! Or iI'll kill your precious 'Cap'nEdward Kenway'" I needed to escape, I couldn't let him hurt Edward, it was clear now, my feelings for him were more than friendly.

In an attempt to escape I bit his hand, following by trying to run away. He growled sharply before once again grabbing me but this time he put his blade to my throat. The metal cold against my skin, applying pressure to stop me squirming.

"Don't try my patience! I was sent to kill you, but to make you suffer first."

I could feel his smile as I stopped struggling.

He tied my hands to a metal loop on the wall and began to torcher me.

"AGGHHH!" My screams were loud yet muffled from the gag, he was punching me in the jaw, my blood trickling down my lips from my nose and cutting my thighs with his dagger repeating the action until he felt satisfied.

"Why don't we have some fun before you die?" He questioned as he stood over me holding out his wrist blade to my clothes. His blade hovering over my neck as his other started to unbutton the blood stained shirt.

I grew tiered, I had gave up, I stopped kicking, wriggling, shouting. I just slumped there awaiting my death.

That's when I saw the figure in the shadows.

"I think it's time you die,... filth!" Before the Templar could Say a word, the sound of a blade slicing through his flesh met my ears. Edward was here.

The Templars body fell to the ground heaped in a puddle of blood.

"Jaysus, Elizabeth?!?" His eyes met mine, a shadow of sorrow filled them. He cut my hands free before picking me up in his muscular arms, cleaning the blood from my lip as he caressed my swollen cheek.

"I..." I was interrupted before I could say a thing.

"He's dead now lass, as long as your *cough* fine that's all that matters..."

He smiled as he said the words.

The last I remember is lying in his arms thinking that he cares about me and how sweet it was that he was carrying me, before I was engulfed in a deep sleep, yet again being consumed by darkness..

---- Authors note ----

This chapters alright, I was wanting to start the feelings between Edward an Elizabeth :) had to make it dramatic though haha x thanks for reading guys, comment any ideas :))))))