The Real life Nightmare

---AUTHORS NOTE---

I just wanted to thank you guys for reading this fanfic :) and thanks for the votes! Enjoy ------

------------------------------------------

On the Jackdaw -- 1717

Edwards POV --

As I lay on the flat cotton bed in my quarters, I propped my head against the ships sides and adjusted my sleepy body to fit with the gentle swaying motion of the ship.

I lay there, awake, depressed by the fact that Elizabeth...MY Elizabeth wasn't here with me. It was clear now that the lass means so much more to me than first thought. I miss her smart remarks and self dependence. She left a huge hole in my chest when she left me... A whole month and I haven't heard from her. She hates the Templars. Or so I thought, so why in gods name would she go back to them. I need to find her and hold her in my arms. I need her to be here with me.

I need her so much it hurts...

I slowly drifted of into a deep sleep.

***I silently stepped towards the metal cage, the silent sobs of sorrow and pain could be heard piercing the silence of the chilly midnight air. I step closer once more to see a sickly thin figure hunched over in a corner of the cell. Their boney knees were pulled tightly to their chest not allowing any kind of civilisation in, rocking back and forth slightly comforting their pain. The grey rags they wore were stained with crimson liquid on one side, indicating their source of pain, ripped at the sleeves and torn from beatings.The rotten food was still placed perfectly still, untouched on its metal dish in the opposite corner of the room.

I stepped closer to the metal bars once more, only to be horrified at who I recognised it to be.

ELIZABETH.

Her once shiny chocolate hair was no longer, her glazed hazel eyes had now tuned to a dull brown... Her beautiful face was a pale white, accompanied by the dark black circles and puffy cheeks indicating her tiredness and that she'd been crying a hell of a lot. Her once curvaceous and toned body was now the resemblance of a twig. One touch and she'd brake under the force.The burgundy patches plastered her arms, legs and torso, with deep cut marks inflicted only by the strength of a whip.

Suddenly her eyes shot in my direction, hearing voices of Templar coming towards the cell. She began to whimper and the water in her eyes began to reappear. Her body stiffened as she heard the voices becoming louder. I could see the fear and pain in her eyes and she began to shuffle closer to the corner.

The voices grew louder,

She grew smaller,

The voices got closer,

She slammed her eyes shut and scrunched Into a ball, rocking back and forth not wanting to know who was coming.

The dark figure came striding angrily towards the cell, braking the lock and heading straight for Elizabeth. He stood in front of her for a second, looking down at her like a piece of meat he could butcher.

Without waiting any longer he grabbed her weightless body lifting her form up by the rags of her shirt and punched her straight in the stomach. She screamed wincing at the pain, but refused to look at the man who stood before her.

"BITCH I EXPECT YOU TO DO AS I SAY!... LOOK AT ME WHEN I AM SPEAKING WHORE!"

She still remained unmoved, not looking up at the filthy excuse of a man.

He punched her again in the collar bone earning a loud crunching noise and spine tingling scream to come from her small form.

"LOOK AT ME YOU FILTHY SLUT"

She refused once again and earned a raging growl from the Templar.

He brought his hands to her neck and threw her lifeless body up against the stone wall, smashing her head against it, drawing blood.

"LOOK AT ME!!!" He punched her jaw sending her flying to the ground where she lay in a ball, cradling her abused body.

"WHERE'S KENWAY YOU WHORE? WHERE IS THAT SO CALLED LOVER OF YOURS HMM?"

He leaned in closer examining the damage he'd caused with a grin on his face.

She spat in his eye showing her disgust "I WOULD NEVER TELL YOU ANYTHING YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" She hissed with anger.

"YOUR GONNA PAY FOR THAT YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHITE!"

I watched, unable to help her, just hearing her pain filled screams emerge from her mouth before turning into a whimper and finally she passed out from her beating.***

I woke, sitting bolt upright inside my quarters. A cold sweat spread on my body.

How could anyone do such a thing. My Elizabeth. I was unable to defend her from him. Everything she felt physically I felt emotionally.

If there is one thing I'm sure.. that was no dream. That was real life, a warning. Something bad is going to happen and soon and I don't know what...I HAVE TO FIND HER!

-- Authors note ---

Hope you liked it :) I will try an update tomorrow but hey ho we'll see x please vote and comment an follow me :) thanks guys!