Le Masquerade

Hope you enjoy :)

If you get chance please read my other AC fanfic.

Sorry this isn't edited.

Thankyou so much for reading an voting it means a lot :)

Ok on with the chapter -

--------------------

Elizabeth's POV --

I knew something was wrong, I knew it was a bad idea for me to stay here alone.

I could hear the muffled footsteps get closer as my heart rate skyrocketed.

"Where are you bitch!" he spat as he stopmed towards some furniture and threw it across the room.

"I know your fucking here! Come out whore! Aren't you going to come out an let me make your death less painful?!" His footsteps were so close now.

"Come out, come out wherever you are." I could see the outline of his body in front of the cupboard i was in. SHIT!

"Hahaha. BOO!" the cupboard door flew off its hinges revealing the repulsive man before me.

It was William, an he was here to kill me.

----

Two hours earlier

Edwards POV --

James an I strolled into the living quarters and came face to face with Elizabeth.

A smirk grew across my lips as I stuttied her expression.

Her mouth was agape as her eyes roamed my body, eyeing up my attire.

I too looked down at my clothes for the masquerade. The dark blue formal clothes were rimmed with gold and blended with my wrist blades making them look apart of the outfit not too suspicious. It hugged my muscles and fitted perfectly.

I wasn't boasting, but I looked good.

I averted my eyes to Elizabeth's an she blushed slightly, knowing I caught her staring at my abs. Why not make her blush a bit more eh?

"Like what you see lass?" I said raising an eyebrow as I chuckled.

"O..of..co.ourse not! I was only staring because it looks hideous on you." She stammered as James laughed and nudged Elizabeth on the shoulder, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ewwwww. no, no, no." Elizabeth protested but I could tell she loved me.

"Well Edward, I think we best be off. Don't want to keep our enemy waiting now do we" she handed me my Pistols and began walking to the door.

I glared at Elizabeth for a second before she sighed "I won't go anywhere OK!" I smiled at her as I walked to the door also.

"Have fun Elizabeth." I chimed as Mary an I or should I say James and I walked away from the door after locking it, heading towards the masquerade.

------

As we got closer to the large gold painted gates we began to scan our surroundings. Surprisingly there weren't many guards.

Strange.

Never the less, we continued as we walked through the gates and slipped past the guards joining the crowd and blending.

The garden was alive with people and music. All disguised behind a mask.

James an I split up hoping to find our target amongst the crowd but he was nowhere to be seen. Now I was beginning to worry.

It was too odd, but then I heard some of the guards talking.

As sneakily as possible I blended in the nearby crowd, homing in on their conversation.

"Apparently, William is here tonight, but I haven't seen him at all. How is it he believes he has control of the Templars when he hardly ever shows his God damn face?!"

"I know, he should at least try to make a effort. Most Templars are starting to plot against him and he is believed to be weak due to his past but then that girl..She got in the way of his plans. I don't know why but he's pissed. He's been looking for her, her entire life."

"Well if you ask me he's more than pissed. According to Thomas, he's in the back of the building planning some scheme to kill her again."

I was so confused. What could Elizabeth have possibly done to him before she was even born! He had to die. Before he did something stupid.

I began to work my way towards the back of the building taking out guards and hiding between bushes and outdoor cupboards. I used my eagle vision to detect William as he would be wearing a mask. I would not fully be able to see his face.

James had caught up with me and we both sat between some bushes awaiting an opportunity to strike. We had created a distraction for the guards as we poisoned one if them causing them to lash out violently towards his fellow officers.

This was all too easy. I couldn't help the bad feeling that I was feeling. This felt wrong. It felt like something was missing.

I went in for the kill as William came closer. Lunging at William an striking him with my hidden blade, plunging it deep within his chest.

Pulling away his mask, I realised why I had a bad feeling.

It wasn't William.

The pale skinned man coughed and spluttered as he spat blood through his teeth.

"He said this would happen.. He warned me I would die. Your too late...She will have been taken......He has her. She will be dead. she will die alone...She will get what she deserves....She will suffer for all she has caused..He will have his revenge."

He smirked,chuckling slightly as he took his last breath.

"FUCK!"

-------------

Hi guys. Sorry it's pretty crap but yeah :) at least it's an update :)

Please vote an comment on what you think.

Thank you,

Lauren :)