Unwanted attention

Nassau - 1717

Elizabeth's POV -

As I steeped out onto the golden blanket of Nassau's sandy beach, I took a moment to take in the view of the towns buzzy streets. Nassau was full of life, the sounds of the glistening sea, washing against the shaw combined with the locals daily chatters and pirates clinking their pint glasses down on wooden tables. It was beautiful.

As I stood their, Edwards shadow came to stand bold next to mine, no doubt he wanted to know what I thought.

" Edward this place is truly something." With a cheesy grin on my face, he could see I was up to something. Before he knew it I was over at a tavern ordering some dark rum.

"One dark rum please." The man serving looked shocked to find you, a woman of your looks ordering a dark rum.

"Course lass." He looked startled whilst he filled up the pint glass an slid it towards me. Exchanging it for the money, I took my pint an sat on one of the wooden stools at an oak table. With big long gulps I swallowed my drink right down. I was never one who got pissed easily. I could hold my drink.

As I drank, nearly all men looked shocked as they watched me down my first pint, before I repeated once more an sat back down with my second.

Edward soon strolled over sitting opposite, mirroring me with a pint of his own, chuckling at how unladylike I was.

"What!" I asked curious to what he was laughing at.

"You lass" he grinned amused at the fact you noticed his chuckling. " Its not very often you find a 'lady' like you gulping down a few pints of rum."

"Well I thought you would have know that by now I'm not much of a 'lady'." I took the last drink of my second pint an offered to get Edward another as well as myself.

I picked myself up from the wooden stool an made my way over to the taverns bar through the crowd of drunken men.

That's when I felt it. A large hand squeezing my bum as I walked passed stopping me to a halt.

"Wellll ladsss, whhhaat doo we havve err" clearly drunk as his words were slurred.
I began to walk again only for a hand grabbed my wrist an pulled me toward its owners body.

" whherree doo ya thinnk you're goinn lasss, d..don't youuu wannaa havve soomee funn?" He grinned like a Cheshire Cat, trying to show off in front of his friends.

I was growing angrier and angrier before he once again tried to grab me. I Snapped.
"Get your fucking hands of me you filthy pig!" I dodged his grab, punched him square in the jaw and kneed him in the balls, leaving him knelt over on the floor squirming in pain.

I then continued my journey to the counter and back, once again sitting next to Edward as he smiled at me amused.

"What?!?... He deserved it!" I pouted.

" Eye... I agree with that Elizabeth, I agree with that."

The way he said my name sent butterflies swirling sickly around my stomach, I felt my cheeks heat. he actually said my name. As my cheeks grew hotter and hotter I decided to escape the situation and made a swift exit away from Edward and his enticing lips, smile, face, body.

I could sense his confusion so I took a glance over my shoulder to see him intently glaring at my silhouette. An with that, I left, booking into a room.

Why did I get butterflies? Why did I like him using my name? Why, why, why?

---- Authors note -----
Sorry it's took a while, more interesting chapter here. What do you think of the whole girl power scene huh?? comment any ideas for future chapters :) thanks for reading x