0.5. the prank

December 1st, 2016
1:00 p.m.
Seoul High School- Floor A

JENNIE POV

We weren't innocent.

The middle English word derives from the Old French and Latin language; as an adjective, meaning to be free of moral wrong, and to not be guilty of a crime or offense, and as a noun, meaning a pure, guileless, or naive person. Either way, I tell no lies.

We weren't innocent, not even slightly. The five of us did do it. We knew what we were doing when we bought the equipment and diagnosed our own reasoning for our will to get even.

The foulest act of revenge was unmatched for what we had in store for her, and the girls' locker room on the afternoon of December 1st was where the trivial games began.

It was only us five girls in there, wearing military camo shirts and cargo pants, and applying "war" paint to our bodies—like the infamous two strokes of black that adhered to our faces in particular.

"Why are we doing this again?" Seulgi asked the four of us as we finished packing up in the girls' locker room.

"You've asked this question 15 times today. And each time, you'll get the same answer. She screwed us over, and no one gets away with that." Irene smirked at Seulgi, feeling nothing less than proud of her reasoning as she stood in front of the mirror.

Out of all of us, Irene took pride in being labeled a 'mean girl' the most. She enjoyed that people paid attention to her. It's all she ever wanted.

I danced with myself in the cloudy mirror, pumped for the plan.

Not going to lie, we looked pretty ridiculous in our supposed-to-be intimidating outfits, except Seulgi, who refused to put any of the paint on and even refused to wear the pants. The modern Negative Nancy opposed everything we did. However, her stance was merely irrelevant to us.

We were going to do it with or without her.

"Hmmm. So screwing us over includes going on a date with some football player who none of you guys are actually with and that they never had again? Does it also include trying to get close with that other creep—"

Irene's head swiveled back to her, "My boyfriend," She corrected.

"We don't even know who it is. You haven't even given us a name."

"Cause it's private information. Am I the only person not allowed to have a bit of privacy?"

"Please, when has Irene Bae ever kept a secret?"

Her rambling had a scant effect on Irene who rolled her eyes and continued tying her hair.

"As if you don't do it all the time Seulgi," Nayeon added, "It still wouldn't change the fact that what Irene said is true. Ruth keeps taking advantage of our kindness and you know that. She's played us all before, but that's not even all, which is why we have to do this. Ruth deserves it."

"This is so petty. Seriously, can't we just play a subtle prank on her instead? Maybe put blood on her jeans to make her think she's on her period... or a lizard in her water?"