12. de-tention

Seoul High School- Floor A

Detention Room
5:21 p.m.

A cold and beat up detention room is where Jennie, Yoongi, Irene, Lisa, Jimin, Seulgi, Jin, Jungkook, Taehyung, Rosé and Nayeon all found themselves an hour earlier.

Undeniably half of them did nothing wrong, except standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. And as the self-bragged wise teacher said, "Guilty position counts."

All minds were counting down the time until they could get out of course; their phones being a stretch away, locked in a cardboard box underneath the desk up front. It was a silent room, with the guests spaced out to their liking.

Irene stood in the middle of the room unlike everyone else, who was either backed up against the cemented walls like Jennie, Seulgi, Yoongi, Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung or sitting in one of the chairs like the rest.

Glowering at her newest foe, Irene was the first to speak in the group of inmates.

"Well done Lisa. If you had just moved like I asked in the first place then we all wouldn't be here."

From her golden roots down to her feet, the only thing Lisa wanted to do was finish what the cheerleader started. Her eyes drifted from Irene to the paper she was recklessly doodling on.

"Irene should be the last one to talk, but she's always the first. A shocker." Seulgi expressed, lifting herself from the wall in the back of the room.

"I wasn't talking to you."

"Never asked."

"Please don't ever address me again. You're the one I hate the most."

"And if I don't then what? Are you going to murder me under a tree and yell 'suicide' to the whole nation of Korea?"

Irene goggled at her, "Are we still on that? Really? For the last time Seulgi, it's stupid. It's been like 15 days and still no arrests have been made. The only thing that has been major in that time frame is Joy's disappearance."

Everyone began to reflect on the sudden mystery, mainly Jennie. Either Joy was unfortunate, or she was a real life target in her mind.

Wouldn't it be crazy if Ruth's "stupid case" was the cause of Joy being kidnapped?

Seulgi developed an untimely grin in response to Irene's claim, which tightly rippled under the skin of a ticked off teen.

Irene strutted her way to the back of the room and almost got in her face, "Wipe that ugly smile off your face bitch. I dare you to try me for real-"

"Baby calm down." His gentle whisper lightly filled her eardrum like a cool breeze. When their eyes met, her infuriated expression changed at it's own will. She felt as if Taehyung just used a three-word meaningful spell on her, that she nearly fell for and listened to.

Most see "mixed feelings" like it's an exception, but for Irene it's the norm.

She couldn't tell if she deeply hated him, or if her mind cleverly convinced her to use a word so loosely. Taehyung caused her intense feelings of euphoria, but he is also the root of her five-course serving of rage that tasted horribly bitter.