42. the jump *⚠️*

A/N: * This may be an emotional one compared to the others, so brace yourselves!

Play the song near the end if you want to cry 🙂

Don't forget to share, comment, & vote!

I love you all ❤️

***

Third Person POV

She hauled the door shut and slammed her body directly against the door. She hung her head, breathing hard, feeling the hot tears sting them some more.

Could I get dumber than this?  Jennie thought back to the encounter downstairs, producing a longer stream of tears out of her eyes.

She stood there completely stunned, wishing she could take back the last few minutes to say something and do something different. She'd rather still be in denial than knowing from Yoongi's own mouth that she was delusional about a love story from the start.

There was something in the way he said the words, though, that made it affect her deeper than she thought it would. She felt angry, sad, confused, and heartbroken, all while feeling numb.

Of course he doesn't like me like that. No one does.

Jennie's body slid downward on the door until her torso and her knees were perfectly aligned. Her phone came out of her pocket as quick as she let it. Scrolling through her contacts list, she didn't stop until her eyes landed on the name she was looking for:

Mom.

She bit her lip as her fingers moved over the green and white 'call' icon. They hovered reluctantly.

Would she even want to talk to me? Jennie quickly asked herself. And even more importantly:

Is she even still okay?

She shut her eyes hard. Jennie didn't want to, but Jennie knew she needed to,

but Jennie couldn't.

"Ugh." She groaned, switching off her phone and tossing it in her pocket. Her head rocked back into the door.

All she could think about was how her life had never been perfect, but it had never been this fucked up either, where it becomes so bad that she can't even call her parents or her older brother without feeling unworthy of stealing their time away.

Here, the depression kicks in again—feeling betrayed, lied to, and misled by everyone she still trusted, and feeling worthless in her head.

She wiped her eyes, looked down at the object in her other hand and lifted it up to scan it. Flashes of memories came crashing like unhinged waves, and they rewind to nearly ten minutes ago, where she was crying her head off by the wine cellar and grabbing the first object in sight.

A bottle of vodka.

"Guess I'm back." Jennie whispered. Back to feeling alone, and she couldn't think of anything else that could make her feel better and take the pain away for at least an hour.

"You can't hurt me that bad, can you little guy?"

No fucks were given anymore. Fuck all the promises she made. Fuck the people who criticize her drinking habits. Fuck everybody. Fuck Ruth. Fuck Yoongi.

Double triple fuck Yoongi.

Popping it open, Jennie took a short, certain breath.

She sighed. Here goes nothing.