13. the flashback: friends

Rosé POV

(3) new messages from Anonymous!

Anonymous: RoseanNe PaЯk :(

Anonymous: bad move.

Anonymous: very 🅱️AD mOo_ve

"What—"

"Hey."

I turned off my phone as soon as I heard her voice.

"Hi, Jennie." At first, my eyes remain dipped onto the ground though she had appeared. It felt like forever and many days since we last spoke as a healthy unit.

"Um..I got you a little something," She revealed a plastic, grocery store bag with a travel-sized tub of mint, chocolate chip ice cream concealed inside, "I would've wrapped up a whole gift basket for you, but I had to stop by the hospital this morning. [I] didn't want to be late for first period."

Ice cream had always been my main comfort food. It was a well-known fact among my friends, and Jennie and Lisa would often get me a stash of flavors whenever I was down.

At least she was generous, both with her time and her possessions. Yet, I pretended to be dubious of it. I couldn't stand her right now.

"It's your favorite."

"...Actually strawberry is my favorite,"

I watched her expression turn dull for a split second.

"But I'll give a mint a chance." I simpered to myself before grabbing the tub from her and popping it open.

"I'm really sorry Rosie," She sat down next to me, "I couldn't even sleep knowing what I said and how damaging it was."

My only reply was smacking heavily on this mint-infused ice cream that coldly complimented my throat as it went down.

If only her apology was as vibrant as this.

"I'm a little insecure myself, and you could tell the whole world if you wanted to."

"I will. I'll tweet it to the whole school."

"Yea- wait what?"

"Why would you do that?" I suddenly asked, "I mean why did you say all that knowing half of it wasn't true? You know I never sent my pics to anyone but.." I shut my eyes for a moment, thinking back to one of the worst high school situations I had been in thus far, "JB just pressured me, okay? He's the only one who had them saved on his phone and only showed a few of his friends which was humiliating enough. He just lied about sending it everywhere to humiliate me even more. I already told you this."

"I know you did, and I'm so sorry for fueling those rumors again. I was just being a bitch in there." Jennie testified.

I stuck my spoon back inside the tub and placed the cold container right next to my petite body, sighing with a head shake, "I shouldn't have started it by calling you a slut anyway. I was being the bitch. It just pissed me off that you kept denying seeing him. And I promise I don't care. It may take a while getting used to it but.. I guess I'll be fine if you are together—"

"Are you serious? If we were I'd kick your ass myself for being fine with it. Then Lalisa would beat mine." Jennie turned to me with a scoff.

"There's nothing going on between me and Jimin. You already know that we are the least compatible people in the building and I would never do that to my best friend, especially since I can tell how you still feel about him...even though I don't get why." She muttered the last part and I shrugged.