7. the stay

Third Person POV

She smiled at the screen, rereading yesterday's post:

Jisoo decided to check the comments:

Her finger pushed against the power button as soon as she heard the door rock firmly against its hinges

Her finger pushed against the power button as soon as she heard the door rock firmly against its hinges. In came her manager.

"Jisoo, you got any time to talk?"

"Am I ever allowed to object your time?" Jisoo sassily replied. Her attention quickly shifted back to her reflection which she gazed at through the mirror. She lightly touched up her makeup, fixing her nougat-brown hair, and said,

"I'm needed in five."

The young man beamed and slowly closed the door behind him. Jisoo noticed the several slips of paper hanging between his fingers as he strolled over to her.

"I just came back from the SNSD Nightclub and picked these up from Jessica and the rest of the team."

Jisoo then skimmed the title of the first paper briefly.

YG Models: Spring Issue Contract.

"YG Entertainment finally contacted us again! This time, they want you to be on the cover of the hottest magazine in the city!"

Her manager was excited to share the news, conversely, happier than Jisoo was to hear it. Her stern face didn't change. Her eyes went back and forth between her manager and the papers, and she finally grabbed them from his hand.

"And since you're 18 now, they think it would be perfect if you could be a part-time model for their upcoming swimwear line." He expressed, "This could be another big launch for your career. It'll be perfect. We can do extra promotions on its release day and have a huge opening party at the nightclub for more exposure. So, what do you say?"

The girl said nothing for a good minute; she solely stared at the documents, continuing to browse through them.

But then, Jisoo finally rose from her chair and looked straight into her manager's eyes. The lour on her face reminded him of an angry widow.