38. the carnage

A/N: get ready :/

***

"Jennie?"

The door was still creaking after Lisa gave it a gentle push to close it. She was virtually tip-toeing her way towards the 'sleeping' girl who she had a strong feeling wasn't sleeping.

The feeling proved veracious, as Jennie's eyes were and have been open that whole morning, shutting and re-opening every second. She was wide awake, laying sternly on top of the bed covers.

Her sleeping while suffering a relapse of constant dejection did not make sense to Lisa. Matter of fact, Jennie had to be losing sleep because of it. But her rarely leaving the room made it clear that she did not want anybody bothering her.

She needed days alone and noiseless.

"Jennie?" Lisa called again in the form of a whisper, stationed in front of the laying body.

Lisa carefully sat down next to her, feeling the radiation from her body echo across the bed. "Jennie?"

"What Lisa?" Jennie finally untucked her lips to let out the soft question.

"I ...just wanted to talk to you. We haven't really talked for a long time."

Jennie's back remained to her. She had been in this position 19 hours out of 24 each day since Taehyung 'replaced' Rosé as a member of this house.

"We can text, call, and use the internet now. Our connection came back a few days ago," Lisa said, hoping to excite the girl on the bed. "Did you hear about what happened at that restaurant? Jisoo from school and some other woman got arrested."

The TV was on before Lisa could say anything else. With the remote in her hand, Jennie stared at the screen like a controlled robot would, as the reporters covered the same 'BREAKING NEWS' story for the 1000th time.

She turned the TV off with a swift button press after hearing enough. "I know. It was all that flooded my phone the day after it happened."

Besides several notifications of my mom, dad, and my brother asking where I am, Jennie wanted to say.

"Wow that's..crazy." Lisa said. She watched Jennie slightly shrug, staying as silent as the room. It made Lisa feel that Jennie was giving her the cold "go-away" shoulder because of her fallout with Rosé.

Jennie and Rosé had been getting their relationship back on track and speaking to each other like the best friends they are, while she and Lisa haven't had a real, friendly conversation in months.

It was only suitable for Lisa to believe that Jennie didn't like her anymore.

"...Are you mad at me for what I did to Rosé?" Lisa hesitantly asked, "Do you think I'm a bad friend?"

Jennie immediately understood what the blonde was referring too. Although she wasn't there, she most definitely heard everything from this very bed.

"I'm one of the last people on this earth that has a right to judge anybody for what they have done in the past. All I can say is that Roseanne deserves better."

"I know. Which is why I feel so bad about it."

"Feeling bad won't make the situation better." Jennie proposed. "But there's a low possibility Roseanne could ever hate you for it. And I don't either."

Lisa sighed. "I thought everyone was going to hate me after that, especially her and Jungkook. I don't know about Rosé yet, but JK was forgiving." Lisa put her head down, beaming while thinking of her partner in crime. "He's too good for me."