48. the guilty

Third Person POV

3 months later...

Jisoo knew it was time for her to leave the city.

Whenever she hauled another piece of clothing in, new tears replaced the old ones. She didn't bother wiping them. She didn't give a crap. She allowed the emotions to spill out as salty water all over her cheeks, throwing out every item in her room like it was weighted air.

Being scheduled to stay for a full month in this hotel meant nothing to her. It had only been two days—both days filled with tears and headaches—since she got here, and Jisoo already had enough, snapped, and started packing her things this morning.

She sobbed more and more as she fought to fit all the items inside her luggage. Saying the girl was on a crying streak was accurate.

She was emotional for several reasons, mainly because she was right.

She told herself she'd have nobody, and she was right. She made sure she was right.

She had nobody. Even when they just offered help, she pushed probably the most genuine people away from her on purpose. The only person Jisoo was willing to get advice from was her therapist, and that woman was already starting to piss her off.

Learning some truths made her paranoid about everybody. Jisoo knew she was acting worse than her sister in these recent months when it came to rebuilding relationships.

Jisoo desired a shoulder to cry on but did not trust any person volunteering theirs. A hammering mistrust against the whole city finalized her emotions, so, she was okay with leaving and starting a new chapter of her life somewhere else.

She cleared out her social media; Her youtube. Her twitter. Her Instagram. Every digital platform related to the image of user @sooyaaa. All profile pictures were also removed.

The only thing stopping Jisoo from booking her flight right now, was court.

Unfortunately, today was the day: the first day of the trial, and Jisoo wasn't looking forward to it. She used up several days to mentally prepare for the horrible things, lies, and confessions relating to her sister that she was going to hear this afternoon. Thinking of how she would react made her second guess the entire thing.

She reminded herself of all her emotional breakdowns ever since Ruth's killer was finally unmasked. She found out the who part, however, she was still somewhat left in the dark about the why to this day, and she didn't like that at all. She held it to herself in public, but it was driving her mad and emotional behind the scenes. Hopefully—she hoped—a few hints could be dropped concerning that today. She desired to know the whole truth more than anyone.

And, more than anything, she desired to know why her sister had been lying to her for so long.

After zipping her last, overflowed suitcase, the spiraling girl sat on her bed and took breathers. She did that exercise for a whole hour. For another two hours, she spent them getting ready in an all-black attire and slight makeup.

Then, her phone started to ring while she was brushing her hair. Blinking tears from her eyes, which were still raw and reddened, Jisoo stayed put in front of the mirror, convinced it had to be her therapist for the third time this morning.

Talking with that woman was toxic for her mind. It was necessary though, and Jisoo understood that, which is why she eventually walked over to the counter hoping it wasn't too late.

It was too late. The second she grabbed it was the second she saw the 'Missed Call' icon pop up on the screen.

However, another notification quickly took its spot. Jisoo almost stopped breathing after seeing the name: