20. the [suicide] letter

Rosé POV

I slid the lanyard around my neck and reset the HD camera I was also given.

Then I walked into the school's dance studio, only to be met with complete chaos.

"OW! YOU STEPPED ON MY FOOT!"

"Like that makes up for you repeatedly hitting me in the face!"

"YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE! THOSE WERE ACCIDENTS!"

The dance teacher, Instructor Hyo, groaned at Jimin and his female classmate bickering, "Guys come on. Get it together. We have to record this routine for the school's website in like 20 minutes."

I closed the door behind me and caught the attention of everyone in the room, whose heads briskly adjusted to the door I was standing near.

I lightly smiled and waved to them, "Hi."

Many (of which were my ex-dance classmates) happily did the same back.

"More like 20 seconds." Instructor Hyo retraced, walking towards me. Then her phone buzzed and she glimpsed at her screen, "Emergency? Hmm..."

I unintentionally caught a stare from my ex-boyfriend, however, Jimin looked away willfully as soon as our eyes met.

He seemed fairly angry with me, like I had recently done something to him. Yet, the last time we even had a real interaction was when we both got detention.

Yielding under Jimin's stare, my face went emotionless as I cautiously put down my hand and cleared my throat.

Next I was hearing the sound of keys rambling together, "K I gotta go. Jimin you know what to do." Mrs. Hyo said to the team captain before leaving the studio.

With that statement, the dancers took their rehearsed positions. I lifted my camera up to them and placed my finger atop the red record button, waiting for some type of cue.

Then I began focusing on one male dancer particularly, and zoomed in on his beauty for a moment.

"Who is he?" I keenly thought. He has the kind of face that would stop you in your tracks. I guess he must get used to that, because of the sudden pause in his natural expression when I looked his way, followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a smile in exchange.

Of course with the blush that accompanied my cheeks, it was a dead give-away that I was already falling for his charm. It didn't help that he was so modest with it, it made me fall for him all the more.

Then he continued staring at the camera before biting his lip. I silently giggled at the flirt and that sunny smile was back on his face right after.

Jimin must've noticed, "Hoseok focus." Then the boy followed his order and faced front, and I prepared myself to record the fire routine they had blazing up in arrangement.

"5..6..7..8.." I pressed the record button. The talented group did not disappoint from beginning to end. Music was on from first light to last.

Dancing to 'Youth' by Troye Sivan, a team favorite, their movements glided in with a dazzling grace that took away the breath of every person remaining in the room. It's as if all 12 of the dancers could feel their soul become one with the music and they unleashed their emotions into this in-sync dance.

I never thought I needed to see this satisfying art as badly as I needed to breathe.

Then 10 of them stood back as Jimin and the girl he was arguing with earlier, Yoojung, had their duo moment in the choreographed routine.