Call to Arms

A/N: The song in this video is called "Coat of Arms" by a Swedish power metal band, Sabaton. Yes, I like their military history-themed songs.

Tokyo, April 25th, 2018. Two hour after the air raid warning. Kousei's house.

After an agonizing two hours, the city's air raid siren finally signaled "All clear", which permitted citizens to went out from the shelters.

Expecting damage, Takahiko opened the door of the underground shelter. Instead all outside seems back to normal.

Yumi checked her phone for news updates.

"Thank God for AEGIS" she said, relieved that the missile attack on Tokyo was foiled by the US-made missile defense system, based on the Aegis naval combat system mainly installed on destroyers and cruisers in the US Navy, along with destroyers from the Kaijou Jieitai/JMSDF , ROKN (Republic of Korea Navy), RAN (Royal Australian Navy), and frigates from Norway and Spain, and which the land-based version had been acquired and made operational by the Japanese Ministry of Defense.

Meanwhile. Kousei managed to call Emi upon exiting the shelter.

"Emi? Thank God you're alive!!"

"Kousei! What happened?" Emi called, seems doesn't understand the reason between the air raid siren.

"North Koreans fired a ballistic missile, possibly a nuke towards Tokyo. But our defenses foiled the attack and what I have heard, the warhead was taken out but the delivery system (body of the missile) barely missed the Rainbow Bridge. This is war."

"Missile defense? To be honest I somewhat skeptical about that program, despite I got an uncle in the Defense Ministry and one other in Diet. Wait a minute.. Kousei, go see the news. Those people also combined missile and air attacks towards some Kaijou Jietai (JMSDF) facilities..

Oh, and my Otoo-san called me. Along with that, I also need to make sure Takeshi and Nagi is save. Onegaishimasu, Kousei-kun."

He also later called his mentor (and second mother figure to him along with Yumi), Seto Hiroko, and she told him about a possibility of a draft.

"If you are drafted, honor the call. I'm sure that your parents will approve your choice for this country. If you don't serve, I don't think there will be audience to watch you perform (she refers to the grim consequence of North Korean rule)." said Seto on the phone.

After that, he called his half-brother.

"Are everyone safe, brother? All lines are overwhelmed by the emergency warning system!" asked Daigo on the phone.

"Thank God they are all safe and sound, Mum, Dad, Risa, Nana, all inside the house. Where are you?"

"Still in the hospital, when the siren comes, as you know, everyone must be ready for casualties."

"Have you heard about a possible SDF draft?"

"Yes, my supervisor had said about that. But as we are medical workers we are exempted from such thing, either. The government has guaranteed that."

"Alright, I must go back to work and checked up some equipments.. Onegaishimasu!" Daigo ended the call.

Breaking News

"Just recently at 20.40. North Korea has launched two Pukkuksong-2 (KN-15) intermediate-range ballistic missiles, one targeting Camp Smedley Butler, a United States Marine Corps base in Okinawa, and another targeting Tokyo. All missiles were confirmed as "successfully intercepted and destroyed" by AEGIS Ashore missile defense system and failed to hit their intended targets. Five minutes after the detection of the missiles, North Korean forces launched a massive attack on South Korea with up to 3 million soldiers and approximately 450-600 modern warplanes. Along with the invasion towards South Korea the North Korean air force has raided the JMSDF Maizuru District base, which sunk destroyer Asagiri and submarine Kuroshio. The attack also damaged destroyer Shimakaze, Takanami, and destroyer escort (frigate) Ooyodo. A second wave of North Korean planes, believed to be targeting Naval Support Activity Yokosuka (a combined US-JMSDF naval base) or the city were repulsed by the combination of ground based defenses and air forces from both the JASDF and the US. The government and Diet had commenced a special session as a response to the attacks and to sign into law the revision of the Article 9 of the Constitution."