Operation Sejong: Part I, Kousei and Emi

A/N: The Coalition outgunned North Korea and better-prepared on-paper to face possible overt Chinese intervention, the scenario which just like in the original hot phase of the Korean War. They want to end it fast and so, the Coalition command executing "Operation Sejong" a three-part operation consist of a massive amphibious landing with objective of seizing Nampo and Tanchon, in West and East Coast of North Korea, and a large-scale airborne (parachute) and airmobile (helicopter/tiltrotor) operation to directly seize the North Korean capital, Pyongyang.

I take this operation from a Joseon-era Korean king, Sejong the Great (1397-1450), known for creating the Korean alphabet, the Hangul.

As this operation contains airborne assault I use Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries. 

August 16th, 2018. 20.00 hours. 4th Tactical Fighter Squadron (4 Hikotai, 1 Koukuudan), Osan Air Base, South Korea

"Alright, minna, listen up!" The briefing today is directly handled by Colonel Hamada. Since last week, the 4th TFS has been forward-deployed to Osan Air Base in South Korea in light of upcoming Operation Sejong.

"Today is the big day, D-Day of Operation Sejong will soon commenced as our forces will hit them from sea and air with main objective: Pyongyang." You will be tasked to escort Coalition airborne forces, consists of the 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team of the US Army, South Korean 9th Special Forces Brigade, 1st Japanese Airborne Division, British 2 PARA (2nd Battalion, Parachute Regiment), and the Indonesian 18th Airborne Brigade, which will be dropped above Pyongyang with the scale not unlike in the movie Band of Brothers. The objective is simple; Protect the transports at ALL COSTS as North Koreans are more than willing to commit their entire force to prevent the landing. Strike and stealth assets will open the path and attack any air defenses and SAM sites near the capital, along with general air support."

"This operation will have Russian made warplanes in our side. The Indonesians had confirm they will contribute two flight of Su-35s while the Indians have two flight of Su-30MKIs." He switched the presentation into pictures of two Sukhoi Su-27-type aircraft operated by two Asian nations participated in the Coalition effort. "As you know, the North Koreans and it's Iranian and Chinese allies also used the same type. So make sure to check your IFF before you engage any unidentified aircraft popped up on your radar. To further assist you in this matter your aircraft has been painted with special identification marks, universal to all aircraft took part in this operation."

"We also obtained reports that (South Korean) special units has been inserted into the city in advance to take over important buildings and installations." 

"Any questions?" The Colonel asked. "If not, prepare yourself, we'll depart at 23.00. Ganbatte!  (do your best)"

August 17th, 00.00 hour. Above Kaesong Province, occupied by South Korea.

The entry phase in this operation was conducted in a complete radio-silence. Kousei and Emi can only manipulate their throttle and stick to stay in formation and keep their respective planes inside safe path marked and visualized in their Helmet Mounted Displays as they approached Pyongyang's airspace. The 4th Squadron also has refueled over Seoul. 

As the Colonel said, both Eastern (Russian) and Western-made aircraft took part in the operation. Kousei himself had seen two to four silhouette of planes which looked like a Flanker, but as the radar identified the jets as friendly, he know that those planes are allies, either Indonesians or Indians. Besides, if hostile aircraft try to attack the transport behind them, AWACS will ordered them to break radio silence to warn the coalition force.