Epilogue: Symphony in the Sky

A/N: Final chapter, minna! 

Song: Beautiful in White by Westlife.

Six years later. Yokota Air Base.

After the war, both the 2nd and 4th TFS were moved to the reserve, and so it's pilots, due to 90% of it's manpower were draftees. The draft itself has long been suspended by the government immediately upon the signing of the Treaty of Panmunjeom, while in case of emergency the revised constitution empowered it's reinstation.

Tsubaki had left the service after 3 years, honorably, while her boyfriend has decided to make the Air Force his permanent career choice.

The rest of their friends also had settled into civilian life once more.

Kousei and Emi retained their piloting skills on the weekends, while in the day, they finished off their music education and after their graduation from the prestigious Okutsu University under scholarship offered by the institution due to their meritorious military service, went into concerts nationwide and saw their fame rise meteorically. In fact, despite his status as a reserve fighter pilot with it's obligations, he managed to won one of the prestigious World Competition held in Naha, Okinawa.

In addition to his duties, he learned how to fly a light aircraft and had obtained a private pilot's license. The military also sent him to language school and during that time, he learned Korean, Chinese, French, Italian, Russian, and German which helped him in training exercises with friendly countries including Red Flag in the United States and Pitch Black in Australia.

Now, he knelt inside the base's Officer's Club, in front of his fellow pilots and superiors, and videotaped with it broadcast live on social media. He pulled out a small sky blue colored box, with a diamond ring inside, and said "Captain Igawa Emi, will you marry me, Major Kousei Arima?" 

"Beautiful! Of course I will! I had waiting for you to say that word..." She immediately replied upon receiving the ring and put it on her finger, tears forming up on her eyes.

The Japanese ace of aces soon stood up and kissed his now fiancé passionately in the lips as the base thunders with applause and cheers from pilots, and even invited civilians, in this case, Kousei and Emi's close friends.   

Watari soon given him a champagne inside one of other room of the O'club. "Congratulations, Major, you are effectively no longer a bachelor. Soon you must stick to only one girl in your life." 

"Well, you know, I maybe have tons of fans but thankfully, because she is always in my side, I won't looking for other girls" he laughed after Emi soon joined her fellow female pilots along with Tsubaki Sawabe, Seto Hiroko, Aiza Nagi, Ochiai Yuka; her piano mentor, and Yumi Arima, Kousei's stepmother.

"You're lucky, Kousei, your girl was with you all the time and with the same assignment, I wonder if the military know that you're together?"  Takeshi asked.

"Hahahaha, of course they know and approve it. Remember, if I was caught violating regulations about relationship, I'll be booted out faster than I can say Air Force." 

"Son, I'm more than ready to be a grandfather at any time, despite I'm just 57." Takahiko Arima patted his son back.

"Finally, you got your girl, Love Sorrow" Yoshiro, now a Captain. shook his hand.

"Thank you very much!" Kousei replied, as they proceeded to drink sake provided by the O'club.

Despite many tribulation he went through, they know that inside, he is a happy man with her in his side.