Refiner's Fire

A/N: The video title is Stay High. Fit for the aviation theme of this story. I'm no pilot (not meeting the requirements especially because I wear glasses), but to be honest. I like planes. 

PM Shinzo Abe's address to the nation

"To all Japanese people, this is the dark day for us all. Last night, North Koreans had committed an act of war towards the state of Japan by firing two ballistic missiles, one towards our capital, and one was aimed towards Okinawa. In addition, they also sent warplanes which managed to damage a portion of our maritime defense capability, at the JMSDF Maizuru Naval Base, while our forces along with our strategic ally (the United States) has managed to repel the second attack, which were aimed towards the important city and port of Yokosuka. On behalf of the Emperor, the government, and the people of Japan. I extend my condolences to the families of Maritime Force members and civilians who had fallen in the attack on Maizuru."

"The Jieitai has been put on full alert and as the Constitution has been officially revised by the Diet, it has been authorized for use in combat overseas along with friendly countries, especially, South Korea, which is being attacked by the North Korean forces aimed to reunify the land under dictatorial rule and our most important partner which is the United States of America. As a friend and neighbor of the Korean Republic, the State of Japan will not tolerate any attempt to impose a totalitarian rule on it's people. "

"Now by the time, you will figured out that many of your loved ones, friends, neighbors, acquaintances and associates will and currently engaged in battle to protect our homeland and defend our Korean brothers. The Jieitai will fight as a part of a Coalition force which will took the fight into Pyongyang and do everything it can to hunt down it's leaders to face justice, even if we must go underground for it to be realized. I promised this will be a decisive victory. We will not repeat our forefathers mistakes in the Pacific War. As your Prime Minister, I asked the people of Japan, either in homeland or in diaspora, to give support to our forces with everything we have in our disposal. To brave men and women in uniform, I'll give you my full support and exhortation to fight as you fight to defend the Yamato and those freedom-loving Koreans. Fight in their skies, sea, and land as if that is our own that we can't afford to lose. Show our allies and partners in Asia-Pacific and the Western World you will fight alongside, that Japan today is different than in the past."

"To the North, there will be no negotiation except for a surrender and reunification of Korea under the flag of liberty. Everyone who had commit atrocities will be punished accordingly. I'll end this address by this word; Freedom, Banzai!!" 

Tokyo, April 27th, 2018.

Today is the day Kousei left Tokyo for his initial military training. His luggage is ready and he currently waiting for the JASDF bus scheduled to pick him up. 

"Mum, Dad, Seto-san, pray for me to prevail in trainings and in flight" he said while hugging his stepmother, father, and his piano mentor.

"If there's a keyboard or a piano in your base, don't forget to use it, to keep your skills and for relaxation, okay? Particularly before and after you fly, which definitely will be grueling." Seto said.

"Don't forget to contact me and Mum often, okay?" added Takahiko. "And remember this, Kousei. A soldier fight not because he hates what's in front of him but because he loves what he left behind!"

"Ganbatte (do your best), my son" Yumi said, close to tears.  

"Hai, ganbarimasu! (I will fight hard)" Kousei replied.

"The bus is coming!" Seto said upon looking outside.

"Minna, matane!" (Everyone, goodbye!). Kousei waved his hand to his parents and mentor upon exiting the house and boarded the bus. Meanwhile. Tsubaki and Watari, being his neighbors next-door also said goodbye to their respective parents and boarded the bus.