The Reckoning

A/N: Hope you like this chapter!

Tokyo, February 15th, 2019.

The Arima's current matriarch, Yumi Arima is watching the news while grading her student's paperwork as the broadcast was interrupted and switched into Breaking News.

Takahiko are still on his way home from his office by train while Daigo was on night shift at the hospital.

"It has been confirmed by the Coalition Forces Command that Kim Jong Un, leader of North Korea, has been killed tonight in a joint operation by South Korea and the United States.."

"Risa, Nana, come here!" she called.

Both of Kousei's younger stepsisters went downstairs into the family room when the TV is on.

"What's going on, Mum?" Nana asked.

"Look! It's Kousei!" Risa exclaimed as he saw his brother, in uniform, are being interviewed by the NHK reporter inside the ground of Osan Air Base.

The family saw Kousei told the reporter "I have no remorse whatsoever. Instead I felt closure that the South Koreans got him, just like every Korean out there. They deserved the lion's share of credit in this war. The more important thing is, we and Korea are going to come to terms with our past and live in peace with each other especially as I believe we come here and fight to redeem ourselves from our forefather's sin towards the Korean people...

"We did it!" Nana followed.

"Kousei-oniichan!" They both burst to tears of joy as they saw their elder adopted-brother was alive and well.

"I have a good news for you two. We are to greet our forces returning home on March 1st, as the government has designated it as a national holiday, with the main event will be here in Tokyo. And according to my colleagues your brother will lead the flypast of aircraft above Tokyo!"

"Thank you, okaa-san!" Both girls said.

---

At Emi's house, Tojiro and Kotori rises up when the news came, and hugging each other in relief that their only daughter as far as they know survived the war and will soon go back home.

Tsubaki's parents are celebrating the announcement with most of the Totsuhara City resident gathering in the park near the Mayor's office. The same case also with Watari's one. Flags of Japan and South Korea unfurled; some sing a new Japanese patriotic song hastily composed by Yoshiro Fukuda. And today will be it's premiere.

Farewell, Farewell, Korea!

The sons and daughters of Nippon has atoned a past sin

Proudly marched in the spirit of Free Asia

And together we are united in friendship!

In Cure Maid Cafe, in Akihabara, maids and patrons burst in joy and congratulating each other as the TV broadcast the announcement. Some also shouted "Minalinsky!" referring to the 9-kill ace Capt. Kotori Minami, used to work part time in that said cafe particularly in her days as a school idol.

Still in Chiyoda, a sweet shop called Homura was packed with customers when the news come, and the neighborhood rose up in celebration. Many of the fans of the daughter of the shop's owner carry her photograph in JNAF uniform, signifying their appreciation for Honoka, the former leader of Muse, not only as an idol, but also as a soldier.

In Kanda, the more ancient part of the Chiyoda Ward, an equally conservative family are celebrating quietly in their own house and dojo, and later drop a prayer in a nearby shrine, in gratitude of the victory of the Coalition Force, which their daughter, Sonoda Umi, took part as one of the few, and proud, Japanese Navy carrier-deck pilots.