Solid Rock

A/N: Just like the 1950s phase of Korean War, China is now openly intervene in support of North Korea. How the Coalition finished off North Korea while preventing a larger war between United States and China which can result in nuclear exchange? 

This chapter will once again focus on the defense of Pyongyang from fresh Chinese forces committed to the front in support of North Korea reclaiming their capital. Hope you like this chapter!

Dedicated to ShayCormacTemplar  OtonashiRen 

-- News update --

Last night, Coalition forces conducted a large strike against Tonghae Satellite Launching Ground, confirmed as one of the location of North Korean ICBM stockpiles. In the process, Coalition aircraft engaged marked Chinese aircraft. The encounter, along with reports of People's Liberation Army-marked vehicles and soldiers fighting Coalition forces, particularly in Ongjin and Pyongyang, together with satellite pictures showing massive and movement of vehicles and aircraft from Chinese border, some disguised as "humanitarian aids", had confirmed China's open participation in the war in support of North Korea. 

Captured Chinese soldier and airman further confirmed the fact, as they mentioned a "People's Volunteer Army" has operated in North Korea. Meanwhile naval skirmishes intensified both in the Yellow Sea and the Korean Strait respectively..

-- End of news update --

August 31st, 2018. 1800 hours. A Coalition forward air base in Sepo, Kangwon Province, occupied North Korea.

Inside the austere mess hall of a forward air base in a small town called Sepo. Tsubaki, Watari, and the rest of the weary Coalition, especially 2nd TFS pilots moved in from Kimpo, are watching the news update about the war effort.

They had just done another uneventful interdiction of Chinese-North Korean forces heading for Pyongyang to retake it, with minimal loss of one Japanese Mudhen (1) damaged by MANPADS. 

"What about the Americans just send their big-bad B-52s to pound the rest of them to dust? Just like in the '50s? Oh, wish we have such thing.." asked a 2nd TFS pilot in English. His remark soon heated the atmosphere.

"Who the fuck said that we will target civilians as well?" said another Japanese, Capt. Taki Tachibana "Temple 1-3" (not that main hero from Kimi no Na Wa) know what he refer to, still in English.

"Do you know what you're saying?" an older Korean F-16 pilot nearby protested.

"Well, they are all supporters of Kim, so what do you expect of them? Do you all forget that this exact place has been sabotaged by so called civilians?" the first Japanese, by the name of Lt. Furuta Totoya "Temple 1-4" replied. He refers to the day before yesterday's sabotage attack inside the base by Workers-Peasants Red Guards, North Korean militia, costing one damaged allied strike fighter and two refueling station destroyed in the engagement, and two ROKAF Security Forces personnel and one Japanese airman killed in action. 

Both Tsubaki and Watari stood up and went into the source of the commotion.

"Listen up, Totoya, those indiscriminate bombings back then are the cause of Kim to hate America or us South Koreans. Not defending his rule and his initiative to invade us in the fifties, but at least you have to know the reason why." said the Korean, named Major Yun-in Su.

"And none of us here, Japanese, Koreans, Americans, or whoever Coalition country we came from, signed up to kill civilians! Besides, do you want to repeat our ancestors mistake which brought our people into a massive disgrace? (referring to WW2 Japanese war crimes and the atomic bombings)" Taki added, in high tone.