Extra Chapter: Takeshi Aiza's War Diary (Part II)

A/N: Hope you enjoy another chapter of Takeshi Aiza's War Diary, focused on their defense on the region of Kaesong, gained after a successful Coalition counter-attack.

The song in this video was titled 10th Man Down by Nightwish.

August 4th, 2018

Sometimes I still forget we are no longer a self-defense force but a full-blown army, to be honest. And I am now part of that new generation (of soldiers). Well, those things be damned for now. My parents are somehow concerned about the naming, while I start to believe that this move is a necessity to keep the Chinese further at bay. As long as we are allied with the Americans, I believe we are not to repeat that time (e.g. Pacific War). 

Alright, back to what happened today; we are having a good day with the rapid counteroffensive of our forces had breached the DMZ and our main focus is a city called Gaeseong or Kaesong. The South Koreans are used to have an industrial region here with their technology and North labor force, which has been closed in 2016 by their recently impeached administration. We are advised to using Kaesong in correspondences but in reality we are in Kumchon , in the outskirts of Kaesong, overlooking Ryesong River. Prior to our arrival, the element of the South Korean 702nd Regiment had seized the city via a heliborne assault .  

The city is empty, as civilians are already been evacuated prior to the start of the war. Now, we dug in and ready to defend the city along with a South Korean brigade, the 6th. Meanwhile we also know that a British-French force, breaking through via Chorwon, had set up defenses ahead of us, in Pyongsan. 

The foggy day will interfere with air support. Well , stuff happens .

At 0800 we detected a horde of Reds, had bypassed the European defenses and eager to retake the city before we are fully established. Contact began ten minutes later with usual rocket and artillery bombardment. At 0830 one Scud fell directly into the city but only caused a flesh wound of our forces. 

C4 charges installed in the main road heading into our position in Kumchon were soon detonated, slowing those guys down for some time, enough for our 155 FH70s to pound them as they reorganize and our ATGMs, particularly atop the 18s to pick on their transports and supporting vehicles. We decided to stand against them here in Kumchon while heavier forces are to smash them directly from Kaesong itself. Meanwhile the Franco-British will occupy the part of the highway heading directly to Pyongyang , from Pyongsan to prevent enemy reinforcements from Pyongyang. Our vehicles are positioned all over the roads to the city. 

The sun is scorching hot with temperature close to 27 degrees. 

Nokors are brainwashed bunch , but competent . For some time we're almost confused why some of them wear South Korean camo and some even have K2 rifles. But after more identification we recognized  it as North Korean deception and engaged the enemy. I was with the entire squad of a school we use as shelter for the last two days . 

"Frag them out!" The Sergeant said as we lowered themselves due to our position are being stormed by North Korean mechanized infantry forces covered by a BTR firing it's 14.5 mm heavy machine-gun. I took my Howa, aimed the grenade launcher, backed by Sergeant Mo which prepared his Type 06 (rifle grenade) in support and Kakuzo aiming his IHI 110mm LAM (Japanese license-produced German Panzerfaust 3 LAW) 

"Fire!" I fired one, and another 40 mm grenade towards the North Koreans ahead, as the BTR burst into flames as the LAM hits it. Despite the loss of their transport the North Koreans pushed in. That's the time Minimis sprung into action and mowed them down.

We soon went out from the school and took cover on the fences, followed by the 1st squad from the same platoon of ours. 

At 1000 more North Koreans coming, this time with some air support of MiG-23 fighter-bombers. I can remember one of them was shot down by a Hand Arrow (Toshiba Type 91 MANPADS), the rest managed to drop their payloads however. Some of us are hurt but the bombings were inaccurate, I saw one bomb from the MiG fell directly into a BTR with soldiers nearby! I pity those poor bastards caught in the explosion.