Explanation

Ugh I'm tired but here's this chapter. You're welcome.

Millie's pov

I woke up to a text. I opened my eyes, and then immediately shut them again because of the blinding light coming into Finns bed. He was still sleeping, holding me.

My phone was on the other side of the bed, and I reached for it to grab it, but it woke Finn up in the process.

"Sorry, I got a text. Didn't mean to wake you up." I said, and he grabbed his phone too.

"I got a text too." Finn said.

I looked at the text, and it was from a random number.

CHS Highschool: We know that you might be panicking right now if you have heard the news, but we have everything under control. A guidance counselor will be coming to all of the girl and guys who share a room with the opposite gender, and we will be asking questions with each girl/guy separately. If you feel uncomfortable, let us know.

Last night, a girl has gotten raped by her fellow guy dorm mate. This is why we are doing this. The guy is no longer going to this school, and will be a big loss in the lacrosse team. Don't think that this is a thing to talk about at school. Don't spread rumors.

Be expected to be visited by one of our guidance counselors sometime today. Thank you all for understanding.

I sat up, and moved away from Finn, and looking at him. He was still reading it. He finished, and he sat up, and looked at me.

"Do you know who the guy was?" I asked, not looking at him.

"No. Why would I?" Finn asked.

"Well, he's on the lacrosse team. So he's one of you." I said, and Finn furrowed his eyebrows.

"Are you trying to imply something about me?" Finn asked, and I looked at him. I shook my head no.

"Well, I have no idea." Finn said, and I got up, and plugged my phone in.

"Just be ready for the guidance counselor." I said, and walking into the kitchen. I poured myself some cereal, and sat down at the table, checking my phone, eating.

I have to question it at least once. Would Finn do something like that? The guy was on the lacrosse team, so maybe the whole team knew. Or the whole team does the same thing.

Finn came in, his hair messy as usual.

"If you think I would do anything near what that guy did, you're wrong. I would never, ever, hurt you." Finn said, and I looked down, not meeting his eyes.

"Do you not believe me?" Finn asked, sounding really hurt.

"I do believe you." I said, and he looked at me.

"Then what's wrong?" He asked, and I looked down and shook my head.

"You don't believe me," he mumbled, walking out of the kitchen, and I heard the bathroom shower running.

I do trust him. I just can't trust him at the moment. My mind won't let me.

I like Finn. I do. I don't know, I think I more than like him.