Notes in my locker

Millie's pov

I woke up, not wanting to go to school again.

Maybe today will be better.

I forced myself out of bed, and over to my closet.

Ripped jeans, blue shirt, necklace, birks. Okay.

I put that on, brush my hair, the usual.

Finn is already ready, eating cereal. He's wearing a black shirt today, with some pants. His curls really curly.

I sat down next to him, and got my phone out. I went on Snapchat to answer my snaps, and I felt Finn take my phone from my hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"We don't have a picture together. We need one." He said, and started fixing his hair. I laughed at him, and he extended his arm out to take the picture.

We moved closer to each other, our heads almost touching, and we smiled. He took it and saved it, then posted it on my story.

"Wow, Thanks." I said, and he smiled.

-

We got to the school, and Finn walked me to Language again, and we said bye. I walked in, and I got way more stare downs than yesterday.

It took me half the class period to realize that Iris told everyone that I'm a slut, and everyone believed it.

It was a reading day, so everyone was just reading, but mostly just throwing papers at me that said slut or hoe on it. I tried to ignore it, and the bell finally rang.

I also found out that my math group didn't want to sit with me anymore, so I got moved to a different group. Same judgmental stares.

I finally got out of that class, and biology came. Iris is in this class too. There was a sub today, so he didn't care what we did, so everyone went by their friends and talked to them.

I don't have any friends.

All of it kind of just hit me right there. I miss my old friends, and I want to see them again. I want to feel normal.

Spanish finally came, and I sat down behind Finn again. He turned around, and smiled at me.

"Well how has your second day been going?" He asked, smiling.

He's always so happy.

"It's fine." I said, smiling, lying.

"That's good." He said, smiling then turning around.

Turns out we are watching a movie.

-

The teacher turned the lights off, so it was dark. It was about 45 minutes into the movie, when I saw Finn stretch his hands back in front of me, and set a piece of paper on my desk.

I'm bored. Are you actually watching this movie?

I smiled, and wrote back.

Yes. Would you get mad if I ruffled your hair right here right now?

I leaned forward and tapped his arm with the paper, and he took it. I saw him writing, and smiling.

He handed it back to me, and I read it.

I would be very upset. I'd have to wrestle you and tickle you till you die this time.

I had to stop myself from laughing, and I wrote back again.

I better not then. Watch the movie, Finn, it's actually interesting.

I gave it back to him, and I saw him smile and put it in his bag.