117

People think that I'm dumb and innocent.
I might need a lot of help in school and I might not be the brightest. I know at times I ask stupid questions and seem like I have the mind of a child. But I'm not stupid. I can tell if someone is lying and I can tell who really cares and who doesn't. I know when people are talking about me. I know when people sugarcoat things for me.

I'm not that innocent either. Maybe I don't understand dirty jokes and I am obsessed with stuffed animals. Maybe I laugh all the time and smile way too much. Maybe I like bright colors just as much as I like dark colors and maybe I am obsessed with red velvet cup cakes and kitkats. But I'm not as innocent as you think. I'm not happy. I want to die. I cry, cut, and distance my thoughts from everyone. My happy, carefree, childish personality is just a cover up. I get torn apart by the things people say. I believe it all. There is a demon inside my mind. My imaginary friend seems really nice when he is around other people by when I'm alone he tortures me. You've never noticed the eyeliner and mascara stains on my Disney pillow and my favorite bunny.

I'm not stupid and I'm not innocent.
A lot of people hide like this.
I know I'm not the only one and it hurts that anyone else feels this pain.