Chapter 4

Hope you all are liking this book so far! I've got so many more chapters to write but for now, there's just this one.
____________________________________

      Grace's laboratory, which (y/n) had learned it was, had the most beautiful flowers that (y/n) had ever seen. Some of them even glowed or closed up when they were touched. (Y/n) didn't know how long she had been in there. All she knew was that she was having fun playing with the various flowers. "So you must be (y/n). You really are real," a voice could be heard from nearby.

        Startled by the voice, (y/n) turned towards it to see who it was. It was Grace and she seemed shocked to see (y/n) but also curious about the girl. "You can see me?" (y/n) asked.

      "Yes, I can. I honestly thought you were one of Edward's imaginary friends. But you're actually real," Grace said with a smile. (Y/n) was too frightened to even try disappearing. When Grace walked a bit closer to her, (y/n) stepped back, looking at the woman fearfully. "Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you. Edward told me that you don't like mothers, but I assure you, I'm a good person."

      (Y/n) looked at Grace who was still smiling at her and was now reaching for her as she would for Edward. She saw this as a truce and decided to go to Grace who hugged her. "I'm glad that you're Edward's friend. He really needed one. If I'd known that you were real before now, I'd have treated you like a mother should treat a daughter. Maybe you wouldn't be afraid of mothers then," Grace said. She picked (y/n) up. "Why don't we go back inside the mansion. I bet Edward is probably wondering where you are." Grace began to walk back towards the exit.

        "He already knows that I'm here. He was feeling sad earlier because...of something so he went to his room," (y/n) said. Grace looked a little worried but the look disappeared and was replaced with a smile.

        "Well why don't we go cheer him up," Grace suggested.

        "Okay," (y/n) agreed. Grace carried the six year old back into the mansion and up the stairs through the halls, but she suddenly stopped and looked around. Grace listened for any sounds, yet there was nothing but silence.

      "(Y/n), we have to take a detour okay. I have to do something for Edward before we go find him. If we don't find his father's lab, he could be turned into a weapon and we don't want that to happen. You think you can help me?" Grace spoke.

        "I can try," (y/n) said, not exactly understanding what was going on. Grace smiled at her.

      "Okay then. Look for a door that looks like it could go to a lab, okay," Grace instructed. (Y/n) nodded and together they searched for the door. It took a while, but they finally found it. Grace put (y/n) down and immediately started looking through the programming that the computer held. "I need to change it before he comes back," Grace whispered to herself.

        "Not enough authorization. Access to system restricted," the computer screen read. Grace had tears in her eyes and a sad aura.

        "Grace, you can't give up. You can save Edward because I know you can. I believe in you," (y/n) said to encourage her although she didn't quite understand what the problem was. Grace looked over to her and smiled.

      "You're right. I can and I will save my son. He will not become a weapon. Not while I'm still here," Grace said. She thought for a moment before frantically searching the lab for something. When she found it, (y/n) saw it to be a computer chip. Grace focused on the screen again, frantically typing away at the keyboards and changing several things in the original coding. "Switch to a new name and bypass the original coding when the name Edward Grenore is imputed," Grace said to the computer.

        "Enter desired name input," the computer said. Grace looked around as she thought of a name and then saw something on the computer sceen before entering the new name.

        "A. D. D. Add," she said. They waited for the change to be processed.

        "Input succesful," the computer replied.

        "But that won't be enough...what if he tries to harm Edward again?" Grace muttered to herself. All the while, (y/n) just watched Grace work. "Input extra commands," Grace said to the computer. "If user wants to leave the library, move 300 years into the future."

        "Input a coordinate for, 'present' as reference point," the computer said. Grace typed away and completed the alternate program. Finally, Grace seemed to complete her task. She dropped to her knees and looked at (y/n) happily while tears streamed down her face. "I did it, (y/n). I saved him," she said. (Y/n) walked over to her and sat next to her.

        "What did you do? How did you save him?" she asked.

      "I bypassed the codes that Asker put into Edward. To make sure that he can't harm him again, I set the time machine in the library for 300 years in the future. Edward will be safe now and I want you to go with him. Take him to the library and stay there until the time machine works okay. I have to stay here and put this chip into this nasod servent so that Edward stays safe," Grace said.

      "Right now? You want me to leave now?" (y/n) questioned.

        "Yes but before you go, I want you to have this. It's part of my research on regenerative power. I haven't tested it yet, but if it will help keep you and my son safe, then I want you to have it," Grace responded. She pulled a necklace from her pocket that had a gem flower attached to it. Each petal was a different color. Grace put the necklace on (y/n) and hugged her. "You'll always be Edward's friend won't you?" Grace asked. (Y/n) nodded. Grace let her go and turned her towards the door. "Go. Find him before they get here. Before it's too late," Grace spoke. (Y/n) nodded and ran out of the lab. She wondered who Grace was talking about. Who were "they"?

      As (y/n) ran down the halls of the mansion, she thought about these things. The more she thought, the more she focused, and the more she focused, the brighter she glowed until she was completely lifted from the ground. She hadn't noticed herself flying until she fell due to the sound of the mansion doors being blown open. Literally blown open. The sound rang through the building and it was followed by someone shouting. The only reason that (y/n) was able to hear anything was because she was so close to the front of the mansion.

        "By order of the Nasod Ruler, all residents of this place are to be punished!" Then (y/n) heard someone say something else and after hearing it, she rushed to where Edward's room was. "Capture the children and kill the adults. Let no one escape."
____________________________________

I completed the chapter! Now I've got to write the next one! Until next time you epic readers!