Chapter Thirteen

I woke up to my alarm going off and started to head to the shower to get ready. Today was Monday and I was going for a shift at the hospital. Lance had gotten a good lecture from my grandma about what he did but he was a hero. The lady came back Sunday and thanked Lance for what he did for her child. She stayed for a bit talking to Lance while I talked to her son that I learned was eight. Grandma told me the fire started from a gas leak and the mother was outside for a smoke while her child was asleep when the fire started.

I got dressed and headed to the kitchen to grab some toast and head for the door to start walking. The hospital was busy today and I'm glad that I was working in the maternity section instead. Going to the lockers to change into my scrubs and wash my hands before going up to the third floor. Seeing Ashley there feeding a baby while the others slept peacefully.

"Hey so all the feeding schedules are on the boards by their rooms and all you need to do is give them to the mothers to feed and do skin to skin. The mother's should be getting done with their breakfast so I'll clean up and start heading home." she whispered. I looked at the boards and noticed one was due for a feeding soon. Finding the room to go to and wheeling him to the direction we needed to go. Knocking on the door before entering and hearing a faint come in, I walked in and checked the mothers board.

"So, you will be getting to leave today. Do you have any questions or concerns at the moment?" I asked looking at her cradle her son.

"Well the other doctor said my bleeding was doing good and to take it easy for three weeks for the stitches to heal. But nothing seems to come to mind." She said taking her breast out to feed her son. I walked out of the room and got the papers ready for her. Taking the other babies to the mother's and getting the other mother ready to go home. Her husband picked her up and I got a call from one of the mother's. Going to the room to see what she needed.

"I don't know what I'm doing wrong she just wont take my breast." She said sounding defeated. I went over and grabbed her boob and showed her how she could do it and gave her some tips. Formula was hard to find so it was a big yes to do breast feeding. Telling her what she could eat to help her supplies to produce more milk and asking if she would like a pump to help out if she didn't latch on further down the road.

Going to the supplies room to get a pump for the mother and taking a small break since it was lunch and the moms would be eating while the babies slept. I walked back to her room and noticed a male in the room being Tyler.

"Tyler?" I asked a little surprised.

"Shit, hi Rose I was just visiting my..." He trailed off not knowing what to say. I didn't think Tyler had any siblings and no family that could only mean one thing.