Chapter 20

I woke up to the annoying alarm that was set to wake up Lance since he was leaving today. We didn't know how long he be gone but my grandma said up to two weeks tops. I didn't want him to leave but since he knew the town from top to bottom and no one else did it be easier for them. Lance got up and got his bags ready by the door and got dressed. I laid in the bed watching him put his army vest on, with his shoulder pads and knee pads as well. He walked over to me and kneeled on the ground.

"I'll be back I promise okay?" He said kissing my head and going to my stomach.

"Also you two be good to your mother." He whispered and kissed my stomach twice. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. I didn't want to let go but I knew I had to.

"Go back to sleep okay." He said as he covered me back up and got his bags and left. I got comfortable hugging his pillow and fell back to sleep.

****

I woke up to my alarm blaring thru this time and got up and turned it off. I walked to the bathroom and took out my French braids I did last night after my shower. Putting in some hair spray to control it a little bit during the day. I brushed my teeth and got dressed in some shorts and button up shirt. I walked downstairs to see grandma making pancakes and bacon. Getting a glass of water and getting a plate ready I walked to the bar and sat down.

"After you get done we can head to the store and get the furniture." She said stacking three pancakes on my plate and giving me five slices of bacon. Pouring syrup on the pancakes I stuffed them in my mouth. Grandma put banana and blue berries in them and I loved it. I got up to wash my plate and get ready to go. Grandma was outside filling up the jeep with the gas can that was in the garage. I got in the passenger seat and waited for her to hop in and take off to the store.

****

Paul and Tyler came to help bring in all the furniture to the bedroom. Paul stayed behind after we were done to talk to grandma about the base and there was some radio activity. Wondering if it was Lance's group or some scouts ahead. I walked upstairs and opened the boxes to get started. Grandma came in and started to take out one of the cribs to start setting it up.

"Everything okay?" I asked, helping her screw in a piece that needed to be together.

"Yea Paul said that the team has made it into the town and starting to scout and look for resources." She said attaching another piece. I read the instructions for the next piece and got it ready.

"So, will it be done in less than two weeks then?" I asked handing her back the screw driver.

"Maybe but depends on a lot of things really." She said getting done with the crib. Pushing it to the side to start the other one, we worked in peace. Talking about baby names and what gender I was hoping for.

"I haven't thought of names yet. Want to know the gender before me and Lance discuss it." I said pushing the other crib to the side and getting the changing table/dresser together and getting the rocking chair put together.

Once we were done putting things together we looked around the bedroom to see how we wanted to set up the bedroom. Thinking of putting the rocking chair in the corner by the window and the dressing table to the right of it. Setting the rug out that we got and put the cribs against the other walls. Leaving space for the door and closet. Getting the baby monitors out so we could nail them to the wall and see where to point the cameras that would get the full crib in the picture. I'm glad we got the baby monitors with the cameras to watch the baby's and see how they were doing. Grandma stood on the chair and pointed the camera to the crib and asked if it was fine there. Needing to keep the wires from them when they got older we wouldn't have to worry about them tugging on it. Getting the nail and hammer for her to get it set we turned on the other monitor and nailed the camera for the other little one. Grandma already painted the room white a couple days ago I hated that I missed it but I can't be in a room with a fresh smell of paint.

Going downstairs to start on dinner and get a glass of water. I was exhausted from today and I didn't feel like eating but I knew grandma would make me. Deciding on something easy I got lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, and croutons out and started dicing. Getting a bowel once I was done and adding the ingredients I started mixing it together. Grabbing the ranch from the fridge I got myself a bowel and squirted a bunch of ranch dressing in at first then put some salad in and mixed it. Sitting down at the table and scarfing down my food and glass of water so I can go to bed.

Grandma came down with a pack of blood and sat down next to me. "MY last bag. You think you can get some tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yea, I have an appointment tomorrow and I can sneak into the blood work and maybe take a shift." I said, getting up to clean my bowel and glass.

"You know since your half vampire I'm worried that these babies will grow to fast. But since Lance is human they might be human." She said.

"If I'm half vampire why don't I need blood to survive? If these babies are half vampires wouldn't I be craving blood to?" I said pointing out the obvious. It would make sense if I would need blood for them to survive and me to. They be draining me first kind of like that stupid twilight movie.

"Just making sure you weren't getting cravings like that. Don't want to lock you up." She said winking. I knew she was joking but I still felt like she was a little serious. I know she wants the vampire species to go on but I wasn't interested in it. I wanted to live my life and die. But now it kind of changed everything wanting to protect my babies. But would it be worth it? I would have to think this some other day when I wasn't so tired and talk to Lance about it. I'm glad he didn't change right now I think we both need some time together before we lock each other up to control ourselves.

"I'm going to go to bed. Night." I said kissing her on the head and going upstairs to get into pjs and sleep.