Chapter Two

As I woke up to the sound of my grandma knocking on the door to let me know to get ready in two hours. I walked to the bathroom connected to my bedroom. As I started the shower and did my business while the shower got warm. I stepped in and started to wash my hair and do my body. As I turned off the water I heard grandma yell only an hour and half left. I hurried to my closet and got my jeans on and lacy bra with a tank top. I walked over to my knife holders and got them strapped to my legs and side. I put my hair up in a messy bun and started to go downstairs. I go to the dining table and grab my usual guns and start for the basement.

Since I slept I took the first shift and let grandma sleep thru the night since I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway. I looked thru the peep hole to look outside to see the sun setting and some shadows coming along the house. I couldn't wait for the wall to be done. We only had a limited cement and were waiting for the search party have found any near town. Then we could finish the gate section and be done.

I looked at the watch to see its only been an hour that past. I looked outside again and noticed more coming over this way. They banged on the door and finally got in roaming upstairs. I walked over to grandma and started to shake her quietly. She looked up at me, about to say something until she heard the door being slammed against. We backed away and got our guns ready to aim and fire.

She walked to the left as I walked to the right to get more distance for us and better aim. As I reached the corner the door burst open and zombies started to fall down the stairs. Me and grandma started to shoot as they came. As I tried to reload my machine gun I noticed a zombie closer than I liked. I grabbed my knife and stabbed her in the head and finished loading my gun. Grandma yelled for me to get to the escape hatch. As I walked over to the exit I saw that she was getting low on ammo. As I unlocked the door with the right password and the heavy door began to open.

I turned around and yelled for grandma to start backing up towards me. As I began to shoot so grandma got in and started to close the door. I turned around and jumped in as the heavy metal door began closing. A zombie head laid next to me as I looked around and realized I made it. Getting up and looking at the door to see if it would hold and satisfy that it should. Turning to grandma to see her looking at the cameras to see they were all piled into the basement near the door.

"So, will you gas them or wait until the sun hits so they die both ways in case some escape?" I asked as she looked at the time and debated on it.

"We have about seven hours until sunrise. We should be able to hold off until then. Did you not lock the front door?" she asked giving me the eye that said I'm in big trouble.

"In my defense I was the first to be in the basement so I believe it should been you that locked the door. I love you?" she looked at me angary than ever but she just blew it off thank god.

"Get some rest and I'll keep watch this time okay?" she said getting blankets in the closet and handing them to me. I stepped over to the cot and laid down after taking the knife holders and setting them on the ground near me.

*****

I waked up to grandma shaking me and going over to the computer to see most of the zombies left but not all. She typed a passcode to start the gas and looked at the time. The sun would rise in 3 minutes. She pressed enter and the room started to fill with gas. The zombies hated the gas due to the chemicals burning them.

We watched as they started to go towards the stairs and escape thru the house but realized they couldn't leave due to the sun coming up. They were trapped and there was no way to escape. As we watched them burn or tried to deal with the gas, they all died.