Chapter 14

"Kang Seulgi. Please come to the President's office now. Thank you." all heads shot up at the news from the speakers. Seulgi furrowed her eyes, wondering what Oksook wanted to tell her. She became scared wether it was about her lack of effort or if she was going to be fired. She's only been here for two months.

"Wow. Trouble already?" Krystal scoffed. Seulgi ignored her and left the room, going up to the office. She became anxious as the elevator stopped, opening up to Oksook's office.

"You... Wanted to see me... President?" the lady sighed, her head in her hands. Seulgi went closer, and stood in front of her table.

"Seulgi... I know we're not supposed to do this during work, but I need your help." she was speaking in her mother tone, and Seulgi felt relieved and scared at the same time.

"My mother... Passed away..." she sighed, and Seulgi covered her mouth.

"I'm really sorry to hear that mother. Where is she?"

"She was in Australia for treatment, but... It didn't go well. But that's not the point for you." she suddenly changed and became softer.

"You see, we already knew she wasn't going to survive, but... Taeyong didn't. And now, that's our biggest problem. I can't bring myself to tell him. Please honey, can you tell him instead? You can go home right now. Go and tell him before we get home. I'll let you have an early leave, so go and tell him. I know he will hate us if I break the news." Seulgi watched Oksook slowly teared up.

"I'll tell him mother. But... What about the manager? What will I say to them..."

"I'm the president here. I've given you permission, so go. Don't worry about them." she nodded and left the office. She took a taxi and went straight home.

On the way, she kept thinking about how she was going to break the news to Taeyong. She knows how sensitive he is. And when Oksook said only Taeyong didn't know, it obviously meant they didn't want to tell him because it would break him.

The taxi stopped and she went in, and was met by dark silence. The house was completely lifeless, as if no one was home. Which was wrong since Taeyong had a day off that day, and he said himself he would stay home to rest.

Seulgi went upstairs, and found their bedroom night light the only one on. She pushed the door wider, peeking inside. Taeyong sat on the arm chair in front of his computer, biting his finger, looking fazed. She entered the room, and was startled when he spoke.

"Isn't there something you have to tell me?" he asked coldly.

He knows...

Seulgi stood next to him. The computer was off, so he had been staring at his own reflection the whole time. She held his shoulder, and took a deep breath.

"Yong... Your grandmother... She... Didn't survive. I'm sorry." suddenly, his head moved towards her. She sat on the arm of the chair, holding his head in her chest while running her fingers through his hair.

"Seulgi..." she heard him weep. "Please tell me, that it's a lie..." he cried softly, making her eyes tear up as well. She fought back the tears, and kissed the top of his head.

"I'm sorry Yong." his sobs became louder as his tears started drenching Seulgi's top. She hugged him tighter as he held her around her waist. They sat like that for a while, because she wanted him to calm down before his parents returned.

"Seulgi..." he spoke through his sobs, "Marry me..." she moved away and held his face, looking right at him.

"Yong, are you... Serious?"