Chapter 21

Taeyong sat back in his arm chair rubbing his head in stress. Just knowing who that cleaning lady was and the fact that she works at their company is enough for him to feel insecure for Seulgi.

"I'm home!" her cheerful voice echoed through the corridor, making him quickly close his laptop.

"Yong, Sarang, how were you today?" she said coming in and picking up the infant. Taeyong turned around and smiled at her, watching her as she played with their child.

"Good, you?"

"Tired." she said chuckling. Taeyong went and sat next to her, touching her hair. He thought carefully how he could tell her, but knew it was better not to, and at the same time, it should be known.

"Seulgi..." he spoke nervously. "I... Um... I looked into the cleaners' roster, and, I think I know who that lady is."

"Oh really? Who is it?"

"It's... Her name is Haesook. Kim... Haesook."

Seulgi, who was bouncing Sarang on her lap, stopped moving completely. Sarang mumbled, wanting her mother to continue doing it, but Seulgi nearly lost her grip of the child, almost dropping her, before Taeyong caught her.

"Baby?" she turned to him, worry filled in her eyes. "I know it's your mum."

"Mum... She's stalking me."

"No baby. Don't go and think that far. It might have been a coincidence." he let Sarang waddle off to play, and held Seulgi by the shoulders.

"No... No no no. I saw her at the hospital, when Sarang was born. Now it's here. She's... Following me!" Seulgi freaked out. She stood up and walked across the room ruffling her hair, unable to accept this situation. Taeyong got up and went to her, and held Seulgi from moving anymore.

"Stop, or you'll go crazy. Listen to me, why don't we subtly approach her, and see what she does. If it does affect you, then I'll get mum to fire her, OK?" Seulgi nodded and hugged his torso, leaning her head on his chest as tears fell one by one. Taeyong craddled her, saying words of comfort.

~•~

Seugi gulped as she became even more nervous as time went by. She waited in the office, and soon Taeyong would join her, then, her mother. Just the thought of it made her shiver. She turned to her left, and smiled seeing Sarang in the stroller playing with her toys, teething on them. She sighed as she touched the infant's cheek.

"Sarang, only you can make me feel calmer, and daddy, that is." she said, chuckling at her half words. The door knob turned, and she quickly turned around, relieved it was just Taeyong. But she soon frowned when she saw who was following.

"Seulgi... She's here." he said in a low voice. She quickly sat up fixing down her office outfit, and waited until they faced each other.

"Seulgi..." the lady called staring at her. Seulgi stared back, unable to speak. "Seulgi... How are you doing?"

"What?"

"Have... you been well?"

"I..." she chose her words carefully. "I've been great. I'm married, have a good job, and an amazing child. I haven't been so happy before."

She stared at Seulgi with deep eyes, as if she had sorrow. But Seulgi knew otherwise.

"So, what do you want?"

"What do you mean?"

"You were at the hospital when I give birth. That may have been a coincidence, but now, you're here, in the company. And I know you've been watching me. So just tell me, what is it that you want?"