Chapter 23

Seulgi couldn't focus on her designs as her mind kept wandering off to her mother. She couldn't take the fact that the old lady actually came to her in laws and asked for the money, when she knew they were going to pay back. Just the mention of it angers her.

Another day at work, it was two months since their honeymoon, and Seulgi sat typing away, when a note dropped on her table. She looked to see a cleaner had dropped it, but it wasn't her mother. She looked back at the paper, and opened it.

If you want me gone, then give me by the weekend, or say goodbye to your little love.

Seulgi's whole body system just shut down, and she found herself later on a bed. She slowly sat up, when someone rushed to her.

"Seulgi, are you alright?" Sooyoung asked helping her sit up.

"What happened?"

"You just fell off your seat, so we brought you here, the sick bay."

"I... need to get home. Now."

"Uh... OK. You can go back early since you kinda fainted. I'll help you..."

"No. Thanks, but I'll be fine."

Seulgi quickly went out of the room, and hailed a cab. She didn't go home first, she went to the bank, coming out later with a cheque, for four thousand.

That's only eight done... she thought to herself as she took out her monthly salary completely. She looked around, and froze. What she thought was true. And it would only get worse than it is now.

She went home and ran in first to their bedroom, and looked at Sarang, who slept in her smaller bed next to theirs. She walked over to the bed, and touched the infant's cheek. She couldn't believe her baby would already be three soon, only in a matter of three days.

"Seulgi?" she turned to the door as someone called her. "You're home early. What happened?" Taeyong asked as he put his phone and soda can down. Seulgi smiled weakly at him and sat on the bed, Taeyong next to her.

"Yong... Sarang's turning three soon, right?" she asked taking his hand.

"Yeah. I'm kinda excited, but also nervous."

"Why?" she cocked her eyebrow.

"She's getting bigger, she won't be my baby anymore."

"What am I then?"

"She's our baby, and you're my baby." he said smirking.

"What? Never mind that, but, I was thinking we could maybe throw her a birthday party."

"So suddenly? I mean, she's only three, so..." Taeyong said wanting to give it a second thought, but Seulgi had her reasons, which she didn't plan on telling him.

"Please Yong... I just want to."

"OK I guess. Do you want me to plan it, or do you want to..."

"No Yong, I'll do everything."

"Well then, I'll pay for it. I can't let you do everything. What am I then?" he asked pouting. Seulgi chuckled and hugged him, hoping he trusted her enough.

It's because I can't stay like this anymore... I'm sorry Taeyong...

~•~

"Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Sarang,
Happy Birthday to you!"

The song ended, and Sarang blew out the candles. Everyone cheered, her parents, her grandparents and her pre school friends. She jumped into her mother's arms and hugged her for giving her a great party, then her father.

"My princess is already three. I'm so proud of you. But don't grow up anymore, OK?" Taeyong said making a silly angry face at her. Sarang giggled, and smudged frosting onto his face. "Sarang!"

"Hey! Don't do that!" Seulgi said scolding Sarang playfully as she took her from Taeyong's arms to her friends to play games. She watched as her daughter ran around with the other children, and how Taeyong kept making things better for them. She watched as they roam around in happiness, including Oksook, who Seulgi knew was still angry inside.

Don't worry, you won't suffer anymore...

She looked down at her feet, trying hard to keep her smile. Only a tear left her eye and like magic Taeyong appeared next to her.

"What's wrong baby?" he held her hand.

"Oh, nothing." she shook her head, tring to get rid off the tear.

"Seulgi... You're hiding something from me. I've noticed for the past few days. What is it? Just tell me."

"Nothing Yong. I just feel sad, and empty nowadays. I gues it's because of mum. With her around, I feel... insecure." she replied smiling weakly, and looked away towards the kids. She turned back to Taeyong when she felt a hold on her hand, and found him gazing at her.

"Don't worry baby. We'll fight this together. It will all be fine soon."

Soon, but not fine... she thought to herself. She smiled at him again, and he leaned closer to her and pulled her so her head was resting her head on his shoulder. Seulgi laughed at his clinginess, something that never changed over the years they have been together.

And something she'll miss.

The party was coming to a close, and Deokhwa decided to take the kids out for ice cream before sending them home. Oksook followed so Taeyong and Seulgi remained home.

Taeyong found his wife on the swing in their backyard, gazing up at the sky. He smiled and sat next to her holding her hand. She looked at him and smiled back, putting her head on his shoulder and his on top.

"Yong, I don't know how I'll live without you." she said softly.

"Well, you don't have to. I can't either, so let's live and die together."

"What if one of us is gone first?"

"Don't worry, I promise you I would never leave you. Even if you're gone first, I'll remain your's."

"Me too, I'll only be your's."

And I promise to keep that promise...

~•~

Sorry for the long wait and short chapter, but I've been busy, and am travelling now. Hope you guys liked it.