Chapter 25

Anyone recognise the baby?

~•~

"Seulgi?" Taeyong said after a long silence. He couldn't believe who he saw, and moreover in what condition they were in. Blind.

"Yoogeun. Yoogeun you know mummy can't find you baby?" she kept calling while moving her cane around, trying to find her way around the place. Taeyong watched her, now holding onto both Sarang and Yoogeun's hand. He then looked down at the children, who looked back at him, and he smiled.

"Sarang, hold onto Yoogeun for a minute." he said passing his hand into her's. Sarang nodded, and sat up on a bench, helping Yoogeun on first then herself. She played with him, while watching what her father was doing.

Taeyong took a deep breath, and with heavy steps walked to her. He couldn't think of what to say to her once he faced her. But what worried him more was if she could recognise him. Questions started to fill his head as he kept walking slowly.

What happened to her?

How is she blind?

Where has she been?

Yoogeun? Is he my child?

How?

"Lee Yoogeun! Get over here this minute!" her yell took over his thoughts, and he looked up to see she was right in front of him. He stopped walking, and watched her move closer to him, not knowing where she was even going.

As she moved her cane, it hit something on the ground. She continued tapping it, trying to figure out what it was. Through sense, she figured it out.

An adult's shoe.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was looking for my son." she bowed slightly, and moved on, bumping into a body. "Excuse me?" she put her hand up and tried to feel what was there. Her hand came in touch with a face, and she quickly retrieved it.

"I'm sorry, I..." a hand took her's and held it to the face again. "Excuse me, what are you..." she tried scolding, but she couldn't.

The touch on her hand and the face she held, they felt too familiar, and they made her sad. A tear left her eye, and she felt it being rubbed off. She let go of the cane and felt the face with both her hands, cupping the cheeks. In all her life, there was only one person she met who had a sharp jawline like such, and that one person's touch was the only one she felt filled with love.

"Tae... Taeyong..." Seulgi managed to say. The hand left her's and held her elbows. She felt being pulled closer until her body touched the other. Despite the cologne, she could smell his usual body scent. It was the scent she missed for three years, and the scent that made her happy all the time.

Finally, she felt the hand take off her sunglasses, but that was useless to her. It only revealed her eyes. Eyes which had no direction.

"You really are blind." she heard his deep voice, and finally broke as she bursts into tears. Seulgi started crying, and felt him hug her. She hugged him back, burying her face into his shoulder.

"Yong... Taeyong... I'm sorry..." she weeped, and she could hear him do the same. Though not as loud as her, Taeyong silently cried into her hair, breathing and kissing into it. But it didn't last for that long. He pulled out, and this time, held her shoulders tight.

"Why did you leave?" he asked strictly. "Answer me. Why did you run away again? Why did you break our promise?"

Seulgi slowly stopped crying and took deep breaths. Taeyong realised he was being a little too aggressive and straight forward, so softened instead.