Chapter 8

John stopped, shocked at the 4 words that Alexander had just said. He relaxed and let go of his collar. His eyes widened and he stepped back.

Alexander coughed and rubbed his back. He looked back at John's face and into his eyes, noticing the red disappearing.

"Wh-what did you say?" John said quietly.

"I want to help you because I love you, John." Alexander's voice cracked and a tear ran down his face.

"You...love me?" Hope appeared in John's eyes, slowly growing. Alexander smiled sadly and nodded. John stepped back again, bringing his hand up to his face.

A sharp pain rang in John's head, making him yell out and grab his head. The yell's pitch went from high to low, confusing and concerning Alexander. He reached for John, but his hand was swatted away.

"Don't touch me!" John's voice went lower than it ever had. His yells brought someone else downstairs, someone that Alexander hadn't expected. Thomas Jefferson.

"Jefferson?? What are you doing here??"

John's yells grew louder, changing in pitch every once in a while, interrupting Thomas.

"I'll tell you later. Right now looks like we got ourselves a bigger problem." Thomas said, pointing at John who was now on his knees clutching at his head.

Alexander nodded and looked back over at John. He started to panic, not knowing what to do or how to help him. He looked to Thomas for support, but just received a shrug in response. He reached towards John and put his hand on his shoulder.

John snapped his head up at Alexander, his eyes red once again. He growled at Alexander and pushed him away with more force than either Thomas or Alexander had expected, sending Alexander almost flying against the wall.

The impact made Alexander fall to the floor, coughing. Thomas cursed under his breath and looked at John, amazed. "My God."

As if he suddenly remembered Lafayette, Thomas ran back upstairs. Alexander couldn't stand, but tried to crawl towards John, not giving up.

John continued to yell and hold his head, mumbling something every now and then. A few minutes later, Alexander thought he was seeing double as Thomas and Lafayette walked down the stairs together. They looked so alike the only things different were that Thomas wore bright purple and Lafayette had his hair up as usual. If you didn't know any better you could mistake them for twins or the same person.

Thomas covered his ears and walked to the side. Lafayette rushed over to John. "Mon ami! What is happening?"

"W-we don't kn-know." Alexander wheezed.

"AaaAHHH! STOP! GO AWAY!" John yelled.

He turned his head to one side. "NO! IT'S MINE!"

He turned it to the other side. "NO IT'S NOT! IT'S MINE GET OUT!" He yelled out again and looked up at Alexander, his face red and tears running down.

"ALEXANDER HELP ME!"