Chapter 26

"You what, boy?"

"I love him! And he loves me! If you can't accept that your son is happy, with me, then you don't deserve him. If you want to kick him out, that's fine! He'll live with me! He's an adult now, he doesn't have to listen to you anymore; go by your rules and live the way you want him to." Alexander argued.

John began blushing, and was speechless. Henry put his arm down and paced around for a bit, rubbing his beard and mumbling to himself.

"Father..." John managed to say. Henry stopped pacing and pointed at him.

"No. No. I don't want to hear anything from you. Just stop. Pack your things and go with this...this...disgrace. Join him. Do what you do, just don't contact me anymore. Leave, and don't come back." 

Alexander turned around and helped John stand up from his bed. Henry left the room saying, "You better be gone today, or else."

Stomping came from the staircase and a very rushed and tired Lafayette leaned against the door frame. "John! Your father is here!"

It was silent for a few moments until John spoke. "Yeah, Laf, we know." Lafayette collapsed onto the soft carpeted floor.

John, stepping over Lafayette, grabbed a suitcase and duffel bag from his closet, throwing them onto the bed, including his guitar case.

"Mon ami, what are you doing?" Lafayette asked, looking at them upside-down from the floor.

"Packing. He kicked me out."

"Whaaaaaat??" Lafayette rolled over and stood up, towering over the two shorter men. "Pourquoi?"

The two shorter men stopped in their tracks and began blushing, John messing with one of his curls and Alexander rubbing the back of his neck. Lafayette noted their reactions and gasped.

"Vous deux avez été pris à faire le do?!" 

Alexander's face went very red at this, and stuttered badly, trying to explain.

"Wow, I need to brush up on my French." John chuckled. "We were just...kissing."

Lafayette squealed like a little girl and looked very happy, which confused the others. "Le navire a navigué!" He spun around in a circle, nearly knocking over everything on John's dresser and desk.

"Laf, calm down! I don't want my father any more angry with me." John said, putting his guitar in his case. "Alex, can you get my stuff out of the closet?"

Alexander nodded and walked into the closet, tripping on a turtle figurine and falling onto a clothes basket. John and Lafayette laughed, and Alexander struggled to stand up for a few moments.

Lafayette and Alexander helped John pack his most important things, and went into an awkward group hug. "Thanks guys." John said. "You've helped me a lot."

They both spoke at the same time.

"Of course, John."