8

Callie's POV

"Dad can I please speak to you outside for a quick minute?" Ace asks as he looks away from me.

Mr. North nods and follow his son out the door.

I sit there in silence contemplating if it's worth going through chemo again without any support whatsoever other than from Serenity.

"Hey Calli girl," I hear someone call, "how are you feeling?" My step mom asks as she reaches my bedside.

"I am okay Serenity's in the waiting room." I reply

"Who is this boy that brought you in here I have to meet him and thank him." My dad states.

As I open my mouth to speak the door opens and then walks in Ace and Mr. North.

"Dad, Kelly this is Dr. North and his son Ace, Ace is the one that brought me in." I smile as my dad and Kelly shake his hand and thank him and as they shake Dr. North's hand.

"Thank you Dr. North for taking such good care of my daughter. How is her cancer?"

"Dad I am okay, I have to go into surgery to get a new port and then I will start my chemo," I smile at him.

"Mr. Lanquist," Ace starts, "is it okay if I stay with Callie?"

"Of course it is Ace," He replies, " and please, call me Alex."

He looks over at me and smiles not smirks but actually smiles. I try to hide my cheeks as they get redder by the second.

What is this boy doing to me?

"Callie? Callie, are you ready?" Dr. North asks.

"Yes Dr. North, I am as ready as I can get." I respond

"Callie I am right here, okay?" Ace says.

"Ace, I am sorry about everything."

"Don't be you are pissed at the world and that is fine. You have the right."

"Ummm, Ace, would you ummm, lay on the bed with me on the ride down?" I say looking down at my blanket.

He puts a hand under my chin and lifts it so I look into his eyes "I would love to princess," he says with a look in his eyes that flickers but only for a second.

I smile up at him and move away from his hand be for my dad gets protective. Ace smiles and sits on the side of the bed.

"Callie the bed is in the hall," Dr. North reminds me.

Author's note:
Just wanted to tell you guys that Callie's biological and step dad names are both Alex and I'm sorry if I confused you