11

Ace's POV

"Callie are you ready for the meds?"

Callie reluctantly nods her head. As they push the med into her IV I whisper in her ear, "Everything is going to be okay."

She starts to lean back and laugh. I get up and go to the waiting room to wait for Callie's brothers and dad. About an hour or so later Alex, Lucas and Levi show up.

"Ace we are back now with food and other stuff for Callie, but dad says we have to wait for Callie to wake up before we can eat," Lucas frowns.

"Ace, are you sure you can handle these two?" Alex asks.

"Yeah I'm sure."

"Is Cal's almost done?" Levi asks.

"I don't know, Alex can I talk to you quickly?"

"Sure Ace," we walk to the door, "What's up Ace?"

"Alex, she went in about an hour and a half ago I think something is going on because I haven't heard anything and they said they would keep me updated and they haven't, I am worried sir."

"When did you say she went in?"

"An hour and a half ago sir."

"Give me a minute Ace." With that he walks over to the counter. He starts to talk to the nurse. The nurse says something and Alex's body goes ridged. He walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder. "You were right something isn't right."

That's all he says before walking to Lucas and Levi.

What is going on with Callie? What happened? What is wrong that it is taking so long?

Suddenly the thing they gave me started beeping and flashing. I stood up and ran to the desk "Callie Johnson," I say handing her the device.

"She is in her room," she replies. By now Alex, Lucas, and Levi are by my side.

We get to Callie's room and we realize something wrong. Instantly I run to her side.

"Callie, can you hear me Callie girl?" Levi asks.

Oh my god what happened? I have to get the boys out of here for a little bit at least until she is awake or her bruises fade.

When we got in there I see that Callie now has a bruise on her left cheek and a black eye  she has some bruises on her arms, legs, neck, stomach, and now you can see the ones on her face.

"Daddy what happened to Cal?" Levi asks.

"Dad did her step dad do this?" Lucas asked.

"Lucas can you take Levi to the playroom for a little while? You can pick out some stuff to help Callie decorate the room. Okay?" Alex asked. Lucas nods and they leave hand in hand.

"Where is her mother and stepfather?" Alex asked me.

"They didn't answer when Serenity called them so I'm not sure." I reply.

"They didn't answer? They Didn't Answer?" he says on the verge of yelling.

"No sir, they did not answer."

"Can you please call her friends? Tell them she needs them as soon as possible."

"Yes sir." I say grabbing my phone.