9

Ace's POV

She looks so cute when she's flustered. It's kind of adorable when her cheeks get so red. Ugggg what am I thinking?

"Are you coming Ace?" She shyly asks.

"I'm coming princess," I reply as I walk out of the room.

We get to the OR and they bring her to the impatient waiting room.

"Helen," Callie starts, "can I have an Xbox please?"

"Wow, wait they have Xbox's in here?" I ask and Callie responds with a giggle.

God she is so cute. I thought I was getting over this crush, damn I don't know what to do, she deserves better.

Helen comes back with an Xbox and Callie's dad sets it up for her with the Harry Potter Lego game.

"Levi," Kelly says, "Let Callie and Ace play first then you and Lucas can, okay?"

Levi just nods and I realize that my arm is around Callie's shoulders. Callie was talking to the nurse and her dad, I couldn't help but study the girl that has gone through all of this before, but all alone.

She must be so scared. I don't know how I can help.

"Ace?" Callie's Voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Yes Princess?" I ask looking down at her.

"What's the matter Ace?" she asks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Callie's POV

"Ace?" I ask.

"Yes Princess?" he asks looking dazed.

God I love the nickname he gave me.

"What's the matter Ace?"

"Noth-"

"Ace," I cut him off, "don't say nothing because I know you, I have since 7th grade, what's the matter?"

"Callie," my dad calls.

"Yeah dad?" I answer.

"We are going to have to go home, I am so sorry Cal."

"It's okay dad." I say as Lucas and Levi jump on the bed to give me hugs.

"Mr. Lanquist your daughter will be in good hands." Mr. North says as he walks over to my bed.

"Thank you Chief North." Kelly says as Lucas glares at Ace.

"You." Lucas points a finger at Ace. "You better take care of my sister or Tonya and the rest of us will come for you."

"Lucas!!!!!!!" I squeak

"I will," Ace replies as he shakes my dads hand.

"You better. Ace can I actually speak to you for a minute? Unless Cal needs you."

They both look at me, "As long as I have these two I will be fine." I say as Levi and Lucas sit by me.

Ace gets up and walks around the corner with my dad.

"Cals?" Levi calls.

"Yeah little munchkin?" I ask as Kelly leaves.

"Are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah I will be fine, but I won't be able to see you for awhile so you have to be good for momma Kelly and daddy okay?"

"Okay Cals." he says as he cuddles into my arms.