17

Callie's POV

"Serenity Jay Rose!!!! James Simon South!!!! I told you not to give him the damn letter, but no you had to fucking give it to him!" I yell

"Callie, you have no idea what was happening while you were flat lining, Ace was fucking crying. It fucking broke me. I told Serenity to give Ace the note because he needed it. If there was another way, I wouldn't have done it." James says.

"Can you guys please just leave, I don't want anyone around right now."

"Nope, because we all know better, we know that you want company because you don't want to be alone, because you're afraid." Liam says.

The door creeks open and Ace appears.

"Ace..." I look away.

"Callie when you get discharged text me." And with that Ace left.

I stared at the door hoping he would return, but he never did. I started to cry, as James, Liam, Scott, Rayn and Jack ran after him.

"I-I-I w-w-want my b-b-brothers." I sob.

I hear the door open and close as Serenity goes and gets Lucas and Levi.

I hear a door open again and I am incased in large arms.

"Callie, are you okay?" Jake asks.

I shake my head,"I know it's wrong to like one of your friends, but Jakey, I really like Ace. I'm sorry." I spudder on.

"Hey, just because you're my little sister, doesn't mean you're not allowed to have feelings for one of my friends. Yeah it's kind of weird, but I'm not going to stop you."

"Jakey, I don't know what to do, I- I'm supposed to be living with Ace and his parents until I am better, but Jake, I'm not going to get better."

He pulls out his phone and kisses my head before Lucas and Levi run through the door.

"Jake!!" The boys yell and run up to him. He hugs them and tells them to take care of me for a while and they nod.

Jake once again kisses my head before he heads out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jake's POV

I kiss her head one more time and walk out of the hospital wing.

I dial James's number he picks up on the second ring.

"Jake how is she?"

"See is okay but is crying like crazy."

"I am going to fucking kill Ace. He should have stayed. Fuck!"

"She likes him a lot and he fucking messes with her. I am going to fucking kill him."

"The boys are here, and we got Ace with us, come over and we can have an I intervention with the dumb ass, sound good?"

"Okay, I will be there in 10, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and drove to the boy's house.

Before I could knock the door opens.

"He's in the living room." James says.

I nod and walk that way.

When I get in there he doesn't look at me, he doesn't look up, he just stares at the floor.

"Ace, why don't you just tell her already? You have liked her since 7th grade, so why keep doing this when you know she likes you back?" Scott asks.

"Ace she was just fucking crying over you. She only fucking cries when she is diagnosed. She broke her arm two years ago and she didn't even cry. The only time she cries is when she is fucking diagnosed." I state.

"You don't think I know that, she is in a fucking hospital bed, not sure if she's going to live. I should have done what I said I was going to do in 7th grade, I made a promise to you that I would stay away from your sister. And now look, what happens now she's going to be staying with me and you don't even care that she can be in the same house. I can't hurt her... I should have just stayed away." Ace's voice cracks at the end.

"Ace if you would have stayed away it would have been ten times worse. Yeah maybe you guys are right maybe she won't survive, but she's my little sister and if she is crying right now in a hospital bed because some guy, then someone better do something and fast."

My phone starts to ring and it's Callie.

"Hey what's up?" I ask stepping into another room.

"Jake, I'm terrified. And I just wanted to tell you one last thing... I love you Jakey."

"Cals, no... no Callie you are going to be okay, I promise you are going to be okay."

In the background I hear a slow beeping sound.

"Callie, no come on Callie, please, please."

The beeping is continuous and there is yelling in the backround.

"No! Callie! No! You have to be okay." I yell.