7

Ace's POV

"Callie, what did you get those from?" I ask my anger growing.

"I-I... I just fell," she stammers.

"Callie?"

"I fell okay now just leave it," she snaps as I put my hand on the bruise and she whimpers more.

"Callie who did this?"

She looks at me with tears in her eyes, "My st-st-step dad." she choked out. "We got into a fight."

"Why were you guys fighting?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because I do."

"No you don't, you just feel bad about my cancer coming back," she looked into my eyes, " Just leave Ace, you shouldn't even be here for me, leave."

"I am not leaving you."

"My dad and stepmom should be here soon, get the fuck out. I don't need you here."

And with that it was like a knife to my heart, I didn't even know what to say my chest all of a sudden got so tight I couldn't breathe. What was she doing to me? Why was I letting all these words get to me?

"Ace I said get out!" She yells as she pushes my chest. "I appreciate everything you did but get the fuck out, I told you I don't need you."

"Fine Callie, I'll leave for today but I'll be back tomorrow." I say trying to not let my voice sounds strained.

Just about to leave my dad comes in, "Callie, so you were right your cancer is back, and you do need a new port, have you eaten anything yet Callie?"

She looks at me trying to remember if she did or not, "she has not eaten yet today Dad," I reply

"Okay then we can get her into surgery right now to put in her port, Callie, do you have anyone we can call?"

She lays there looking at me and shakes her head, "No I don't."

"What about your parents,"my dad asks.

"Dad can I please speak to you outside for a quick minute?" I ask.

He nods and we head out the door, "What is it Ace?" He asks slightly yawning.

"Dad, I think her step dad's abusing her she has bruises all over her body and when I asked her if she said that her stepdad and her had got in a fight I'm all she has right now she's pushing me away and I don't know what to do I want to help her," I reply as I look at the ground.

"Well the best you can do is report it, her stepdad that is, but all you can do son is be here for her," he states.