The Airplane Scare

Right when we walk out of the hospital, a deafening sound of screaming hits you. Brendon jumps when he first hears the screaming. Girls and boys left and right are yelling for Brendon, Dallon, and Kenneth.

Dallon leans over and screams, "Hey, we have enough time to sign a couple of things and meet some fans, so do you want to?!"

I nod my head and scream, "Yea if Brendon is!"

Brendon screams, "Yea, but can you come with me?"

I smile slightly and scream, "Sure!"

When those words escape my mouth, he wraps his hand around mine, and we walk toward the nearest crowd of screaming fans. Local police had set up a barrier to keep the fans separate from the hospital walkway. In the front of the crowd, there's girls and boys screaming... some of them are crying.

They scream things like, "Brendon oh my God I love you!" "I'm so glad you're okay!" "Do you remember who Ryan is?" "Do you remember the milk fanfic?"

Everyone's screaming at once, and Brendon starts squeezing my hand tighter and tighter.

"It's okay," I mouth.

He takes a deep breath, and starts taking pictures with fans. He smiles shyly as cameras flash here and there. The first time someone hands him a pen, he looks back at me and makes a confused look.

"Sign it," I yell over the noise.

He makes the I have an idea face and starts signing things left and right. After 30 minutes, the guys and I take a picture for the news and head to the SUV. The guys are holding dolls of themselves, cds, books, everything that I can imagine. I even received things. After, an hour we arrive at the airport. We can't bring the gifts on the airplane, so they will be mailed later on. Brendon and I sit in front of Kenneth and Dallon.

"Are ya nervous, " I ask Brendon.

"No," he says a little too quickly.

Just then the plane starts going down the runway. Brendon jumps and quickly grabs my hand.

"So you aren't afraid," I ask sarcastically.

"Fine, I am," he admits grasping my hand tighter.

"You big chicken, " I laugh.

"Be quiet or I'll have to make you," he says laughing nervously.

"Oh really, how," I say leaning in toward him.

He leans in the rest of the way and presses his warm lips against mine. A million memories before the accident flash through my mind. Suddenly the plane jerks, and Brendon jumps back, but as he does that he bites my lip.

I gasp in pain and he says, "Oh shit, I'm sorry."

He presses himself back into the seat and digs his fingers into the armrests.

"It's okay. There's no blood, and it's funny seeing you afraid which you rarely are," I say laughing at him.

He looks out the window. As soon as he does, he lets out a quiet shriek.

 I start laughing my head off, and Dallon's head pops up and asks, "Was that you or Brendon?"

I point at him, and Dallon and Kenneth start laughing.

"Be quiet! We're going to die! The plane's going to fall out of the sky! A bird's going to fly into the engine, and make the plane stop working," Brendon urgently whispers.

 I finally get my laughter under control.  I reach down and grab my Ipod out of my purse.

"Here, listen to this. It'll help you calm down," I say as I hand him a earbud.

I play 'A Fever You Can't Sweat Out.,' and I notice that he's tapping his toes.

"Who's this by because they're really good," he asks.

"Ummm... a pretty cool band. See if you can remember, " I say smiling.