Teenage Girls Gone Wild

"Hi Sweet pea," my dad says walking over and hugging me.

"Hi Honey," my mom says hugging me after my dad.

"Hi mom and dad," I say fake smiling.

"We have some great news," my dad says smiling.

"What," I ask trying to be excited.

My mom hands me a letter that's from Harvard. I pull my sleeves down and take it. I open it and quickly read it.

"Good news," my dad asks.

"I got excepted on a full scholarship," I say looking up at them.

"Oh my goodness, Honey, that's amazing," my mom says smiling ear to ear.

"That's incredible," my dad says smiling. 

"Well, tonight we're going out to eat... your pick,"my mom says.

"Okay," I say, and they walk out of the room.

I stop smiling and look back down at the letter. I'm not even sure if I want to go to Harvard anymore. I don't even want to leave the house, but if I don't go then they'll know something's up.

"Honey, it's Patrick," my mom calls from downstairs.

I shakily get out of bed and walk downstairs.

I take the phone and say, "Hi."

"You haven't called me in almost a week. I had to find out what happened to you from Dallon," Patrick says.

"And you're point is," I ask wanting to finish the conversation.

"You don't sound like yourself. Are you okay," Patrick asks.

"I'm fine," I say rolling my eyes.

"Aren't you going to tell him about the letter," my mom asks sticking her head around the corner.

"What letter," Patrick asks.

"I got a letter from Harvard saying that I got a full scholarship to their school," I say.

"Oh my God, that's wonderful," Patrick says.

"Yep," I say.

"Listen, we have a show coming up in Chicago. Do you want to bring a friend and come," Patrick asks.

"When is it," I ask.

"This coming up Friday at 8, but we're probably going to get there at 3," Patrick says.

"Fine," I say.

"Okay. Well, I have to go. I'll talk to you later," he says.

"Okay, bye," I say turning the phone off.

I walk back upstairs and lay in bed. I stare up at the ceiling until I finally fall asleep. I wake up to my mom knocking on my door.

"Come in," I say sitting up.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready," she asks walking in.

"I don't feel good. Can we not go tonight," I ask.

"Sure. Do you think you'll be well enough to go to school tomorrow," she asks.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I say looking at the bed.

Later on that night, my mom talks me into eating. After eating I go to sleep. When I wake up, I do the normal routine. My mom won't let me leave the house until I eat something, so I quickly eat an apple. After I eat it, I walk out of the house. I get in my car and start driving towards school. That's when my phone starts buzzing. I glance down at it, and it's Dallon.