Chapter 1

Tobias POV:
Today I'm having trouble getting things done because I keep think of her. Tris. But I have a lot of things to do, so I better brush the thought aside as hard as it is.

First, I go to Zeke's house. I came to drop off a few things, and to talk to him about work stuff, no big deal. I walk up to his door and knock, not too hard, not too soft so he can't hear. I see the door knob twist but it doesn't open immediately. I hear voices, a males voice-probably Zeke's- and a somewhat high pitched female voice. I hope I didn't come at a bad time, but I told him I was coming yesterday, so it's not like he wasn't expecting me.

The door opens and I see Zeke laughing looking slightly down. I turn my head to see inside, and see Shauna in her wheelchair. "Hey! F- Tobias come on in!" Zeke says finally facing me. "Thanks, so I brought some stuff for you. This is the topple wear you left at my house last week" I start. " And here are the papers you asked for. "Oh, thanks, I need those. So what did want to talk to me about?" He asks

I sit on the couch on the left side of the room and talk to him about stuff involving government, laws, and a bunch of stuff. Finally, when I finish, I get up, wave goodbye, and walk out. I walk down the path from his house and stop at the road. What did I have to do next?

I have the day off, so that was the only work-related thing I have to do today. Oh ya, I have to go to my haircut, and then I'm supposed to drive Mathew home from the airport. He went to some big science lab in another city.

I drive to the barbershop and sit in my normal chair. I can't help it-I start thinking about Tris. I can't think about it too much, or I might cry, and I will NOT cry in a barbershop, or anywhere around people pretty much.