Chapter 14

Tris POV:

After the kiss Tobias picked me up and carried me to the car. He drove me back to the doctors before any of them could catch up. I'm put in a room and I just wait. No one says anything.

The doctor walks in. "Sir, her memory is coming back but it's wrong!" Tobias says. "What do you mean?" The doctor asks. "I mean, she just kissed her friend! And she's afraid of me! She has it all wron-" he starts "give her some time" the doctor says "she'll remember." He says. "Can't you give her something so she'll remember faster!" Tobias says. "I do have a diagnosis" the doctor says. "What does she have? Whats wrong?" Tobias asks. "Oh it's not for her, it's for you. Your jealous!" The doctor says. I start to laugh. I try to cover it up with a cough but it doesn't work, I keep laughing. "I am NOT... Jealous!" Tobias says. I keep laughing "YA YOU ARE!" I say and start cracking up. The doctor and him just stare at me. I slowly stop laughing and sit up straight, clearing my throat. "Anyways, just keep showing her familiar things, but also let her get some rest, her brain is working hard to recover lost memories, and she'll need a break." The doctor says. Tobias picks me up, one arm under my knees, and one under my arms. "Thanks a lot" he says sarcastically. His cheeks are red. I try not to laugh again. "I can walk, you know" I start "I lost my memory, not my legs." He puts me down, a little too hard. He grabs my hand and drags me down the hallways. "I can just follow you, without... Your... Hand" I say. He lets go and starts to walk a little faster. I decide to stay behind.

I get in the car and we drive back to his house. But he doesn't stop the car. He slows down in front of his house, and then starts going again. "Where are we going?" I ask. I just wanna take a nap. "Somewhere you'll hopefully begin to believe me."

We go back to Dauntless Head-something (I forgot the name). He leads me to the river thing I saw earlier. He finds a path a walks down. I follow, carefully placing my feet on stable rocks.

We sit on a few large rocks, my feet almost touching the water, his grazing it. I know what he's gonna ask. "Remember this?" He says. Knew it. He sets his hand on mine, lacing his fingers in between mine. I feel kind of uncomfortable. I don't want to make it awkward, so I don't move. "This was where we went, after you went through my fear landscape." He says. A fear landscape? That sounds awful. "It is" he says, like he was reading my mind. He laughs a little. "A fear landscape is a place-simulation place-you go in. It triggers your worst fears so you can learn to act. Well, anyways, you helped me through mine. And we went here, and-" he says. I cut him off "kissed, I'm guessing? What's your deal? I'm trying to remember, but I can't, I don't remember you!" I shout. "The doctor said I should get some rest, because I'm working my brain. I think he's right. I just, I'm sorry, I don't-" I stop, get up and walk back up the path. I don't know how to get back, hopefully he'll come after me and give me a ride. I feel awkward.