Chapter 32

Tris POV:

Tobias brings me to a beautiful restraunt. The waiter brings us to a table and we sit. "Sooo, how's it going" he says smirking and resting his head on his hands. "Good" I say and laugh a little. He sits up again putting his hands under the table. "How are you?" I ask. "Good" he says. This couldn't be any more awkward. Wait, yes it can.

Christina and Uriah walk in and sit on the other side of the room. "Great" I say outloud without realizing it. "Ignore them" Tobias says. "This is kinda our first real date, to a restraunt at least." I say. "It is, isn't it?" He says and smiles. "So it's pretty special I guess?" Tobias says. He's still acting weird like before.

"So, what would you like to talk about?" He finally say after a while. "We'll, there's a lot going on, Christina getting shot and al-" "Shhh, lets just enjoy this night." He says. "But how could I when all this is-" "tris," he says holding my hand from under the table. "Everything will be fine. Right now what you need is a break." Tobias says.

"Did I tell you you look beautiful?" He asks smiling. "Yes you did, in the apartment, in the car." I answer laughing. "Oh, sorry, maybe I am candor, because I just can't stop telling the truth!" He says. "Do me a favor, and never use that as a pick-up line, and don't tell it to anyone else?" I say. "Fine" he says and gives a fake sad look.

Our dinner comes so we don't really talk, just eat. Then our dinners done and we get back in the car. We don't drive the normal way. I figure he's taking a short cut. But then I notice were going to Dauntless headquarters. I don't say anything. I just follow him into the pit and over to the chasm. We walk down a pathway and sit on the rocks.

"Remember this?" He asks."my memories back now, you don't have to ask." I say. "I know I know." He says smiling. "This was where we first kissed as a boyfriend and girlfriend." He says smiling. He leans over and kisses me slowly. Then he pulls back and says "and this is our last kiss as boyfriend and girlfriend" he says. "Maybe" he adds under his breath. I'm really confused. Did he break up with me? But then I see him get on one knee, a box in his hand.

"Tris, I know we just got back together, and 3 of those years I thought you were dead" he laughs then continues " but I feel like we are meant to be, like you said 'I think you're still the only person sharp enough to sharpen someone like me.'" He stares into my eyes, which are beginning to water, and says. "Beatrice Prior, will you marry me?"

I'm stunned, I don't know what to say. Yes, and I'll be with him forever, No, and he might never forgive me. But before I can even make the decision, I feel my mouth move, and words coming out.

"Yes, Tobias, yes"