Chapter 23

Tris POV:

"Why didn't you let me leave you would've been happy" I say. "No I wouldn't Tris I love you! You're my best friend I don't know what Id do without you!" She says. "I'm sorry" I say. But her life would be better, with Will, and Al maybe. With everyone but me. It would be perfect.

"So why'd you break up with Four. You love him, he loves you." She says. "I don't want it to cause him any more pain." I answer. "We'll, he's devastated., however as a best friend, traditionally I have to help you get back up. "She says and laughs a little. I smile. "What do you mean?" I ask. "We need to get you another boyfriend!" She says. "But I left Tobias so I wouldn't hurt him, I don't want to just go hurt someone new." I say. "We'll, you and Tobias were REALLY close, this can just be a guy you go on dates with every Friday or something." She says. I laugh. "I have no other choice do I?" I ask. "No not really! I set up some speed dating, or do you prefer online? Nevermind speed dating is better for you." She says. I'm not even going to ask what that means. "Don't you think it's a little soon?" I ask. "I'll tell Uriah to get speed dating for Tobias so he doesn't get jealous." She says with a big smile.

I hear a knock at the door. Christina walks up and cracks it open so I can't really see. But then I DO see. It's Uriah leaning on the side of the door with a bottle of what looks like wine. "Not right now baby Tris is staying with me tonight" she whispers. She bad at whispering. "Awe" he says with his goofy smile. "I'll have to share this with Four then" he says. He kisses her cheek and walks out.

"What... Was... THAT?" I ask. "Oh, you know, Uriah, being goofy as usual. "So he just kissed you because..." "He was being funny" she answers nervously. "Obviously you came from candor because your a terrible liar." I say with a smile. She runs over and sits on the couch. "Ok, so maybe we started going out!" She says with a girly squeal. I join her. "Omg how long! Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. "Well I wasn't sure how to tell and if I was ready and, since he got back pretty much!" She says and we both sqeal jumping up and down in our seats.

The door opens and Uriah is there again. "Sorry to interrupt ladies but I heard squealing and figured you either messed up your makeup or you were talking about me!" He says. Christina runs up and kisses him. "Ya I was telling her the news." Chris says. I smile. "That's great I'm so glad your happy." I say. Another thing she'd be happy with-without me. But she's right, she needs me and I need her.

"We'll ill go now. Bye Tris" he says and walks out.

Christina lets me sleep in her bed and she sleeps on the couch. I drift off thinking about everyone's lives without me. Would Tobias end up with some girl like Christina, or maybe be lonely. Maybe there'd be another initiate the next year like me he'd fall in love with.

I wake up to someone shaking me. I grunt and try to roll over but my legs won't go with me. "Tris, wakey wakey. Don't make me throw out the Dauntless Cake." With that I quickly open my eyes and grin at Christina. "Gimme!" I say. "You have to get up first." She says. She helps me into my wheel chair and she pushes me to the kitchen. I wore just a tight cami that I wore under my shirt yesterday and some shorts Chris gave me. I need to go shopping.

Christina starts to cook and I sit at the table. I slowly put my hands on the wheels of my chair, but Chris notices. "Thinking about leaving again?" She asks. "I don't know" I say. I start to think about they're lives without me again. Maybe they wouldn't be so good. Tobias might be lonely. Christina might've never jumped off the train on the day of the choosing ceremony.

"Your right, I would've never lived without you guys taking care of me, and you guys wouldn't have lived without me there either. That's how it works. We're there to take care of each other at our weakest, but also there to give a high-five and a chant at our strongest. We're a family." I say and smile. She runs over to me and we hug. I immediately pull back. "Don't burn my cake!" I say. She runs back over to the kitchen laughing.

Christina gives me the cake and it reminds me of Tobias. I should've never left him. But it's too late. He won't take me back. I'll just have to move on.