Chapter 10

Tris POV:

I wake up and stare at the ceiling. I still can't remember anything. I look to my right at the wall. Then I look to my left and see a guy. I scream. He looks at me startled. It's Tobias. "What?" He asks. He's laying on his back with his hands under his head, one leg crossed over the other laying on top of the blankets. "Nothing, just, I don't really know you, or I don't think I do." I say. "I'm gonna guess that wasn't a lie like the first time you said it." He says. "What?" I ask. When did I say that before. "In my fear landscape- nevermind. Sorry. It's time to go anyways." He says. He looks hurt. "I'm sorry, I just, I'm having trouble remembering you, anyone, anything." I say apologetically. "It's fine, I should take it easy and let you be until you remember" he says. "Were you REALLY my boyfriend, or did you just say that?" I ask. "I was, I am, maybe, we started dating when you were 16 and I was 18. I was your instructor, but I fell in love with you. One place we're going to is a place I went with you, where you learned my fears, and I learned your strengths." He says. That made no sense.

Tobias drives me in his "car" to a park looking place. There are trees, and an old dried out pond. Up ahea is a giant machine, and a smaller one with animals on it. They're fake, of course, on poles extending from the ceiling to the floor.

Uriah and Christina and a man that looks like Uriah meets us near the big machines. "This is Zeke" Uriah says to me. "Hi" I say. Uriah is starting o get familiar. "Do you feel like, climbing the Ferris wheel?" Tobias asks. "The what?" I ask. He points to the tall machine shaped in a circle. In has seats dangling from it. "Are you kidding? That thing is huge!" I snap. "Ok, ok" he says putting his hands up. "Sorry, did I climb it before?" I ask. "Yes, with me" he says. "Why?" "we were playing a game, paintball, and you thought it'd be smart to climb the Ferris wheel to see where the other team was" he answers. "Ok, I'll try" I say. I walk over and grab a rung. I start to climb, slowly grabbing each rung, then bringing my feet to the next one, and so on. Tobias follows close to my feet. The others stay behind. Tobias starts breathing heavily. "You ok?" I ask. "Are you human Tris?" He says, with a smile. What he says echoes in my head. "Are you human, Tris?". "Say that again" I say. "Are you human Tris?" He repeats. "I remember that from something. I start thinking, my head hurting from my frowned face. I'm so focused on that thought I miss the next rung and my foot slides in between. "Four!" I scream. "Wait why'd I call a number" I think out loud. His hand grabs my waste. It feels familiar, this feels familiar. I don't remember. "You remember!" He calls. "Kinda, a little help?" I ask. "Ya sorry." He says.

He pulls me up and we climb down. Whatever it was I remembered, I don't remember when or where, but I remember. We walk to the horse thing- Christina called it a Carousel- and They all sit down, some on animals, others on the ground. I just stand, hands behind my back, feeling awkward. I'm always the center of attention now.

"Remember making your winning plan here?" Christina asks.

"No, sorry" I say. "It's fine Tris, maybe a little role play will help" Uriah says. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Like we will do everything we did that night and see if you remember. Follow our lead" he says "ok" I say. He gets up and Christina follows. They run into the trees, and I follow. They pretend to shoot things, and I laugh a little, more like a giggle.

We get to a tree. Uriah stands a few feet away. Christina and me are side by side looking up at a tree. I'm not sure why. "Oh come on Tris, you had your share of fame." She says. What? "Wait maybe I said... I don't know." She jumps up towards the tree and pretends to grab something. She raises her hand and shouts. Uriah comes and holds her wrist, joining in the shouts. Tobias walks over and sets a hand on my shoulder. "Good job" he says.

I run back towards the Ferris wheel. When I get there, I sit on the carousel and put my palms on my eyes. Don't cry, don't cry.