Chapter 26

Tobias POV:

"But, how?" I say. "When I fell off the roof while under the simulation, I fell in water. The way I landed made Tris think I was dead. I then ran away because I hated all the war. I was kidnapped by Al. I escaped before Tris but didn't make my way back to Chicago. If your wondering me and Uriah broke up but are still friends. Anyways, then I didn't want attention for still being alive so I told Uriah and Zeke but no one else." Marlene says.

"so, your alive, but why do you want to go on a fake date with me?" I ask.

"Oh don't be stupid, four" she starts. "I use to love you, used to, of course, no effense. Anyways, it would be more believable if I were the one on the date since I use to like you. And besides, I love a good show!" She says.

1 week later... (Friday)

Tonight I go on my fake date with Marlene. "So, Zeke, I don't think I ever asked. Why can't I just say I'm going on a fake date instead of actually going on one." I say. "Since no one will see us anyways." "Oh they'll see, your going to the same place Tris is going to" he says. My heart sinks, but I'm not sure why. Maybe because ill see my ex having fun without me, or because I I'm with someone else and she'll see me and realize I'm over her. Either way makes me want to ditch this date.

We get there. I find Marlene outside before we go in. She's wearing a short black dress with spaghetti straps. On the right side of her dress is a black rose, and around her waste are smaller roses that look almost metallic. The dress goes down to her knees and she wears black high heels. Her hair is curled and in some kind of ponytail, but I'm not good with hair so I wouldn't know.

We walk in and on one side of the room are tons of people dancing, and it's so loud I can't even tell what song. Then they all stop and in unison do a weird dance folding their arms and waving it around. I recognize the dance as Gangnam Style.

We walk through doors on the other side of the room to a more quiet room. It has tables and chairs and booths all over. It must be the restraunt side. A waiter brings us to a table and we sit.

Marlene keeps peeking up from her menu, like she's looking for something-or someone. Then she taps me and points to a table on the other side of the room. There is a handsome man with light brown hair and a small, yet tall body. He looks my age. Next to him is a girl not much shorter than him. She's blonde and she has cruches next to her chair. Tris.

I quickly look away. We order and every once in a while I look over to see Tris laughing or smiling or looking interested in whatever the guy has to say. Then I see them get up and point showing Marlene. She gets up and I follow. She leads us back to the dance room where I see the man walk and Tris limp with her cruches in.

They walk into the crowd and we follow but still stay far enough behind. They start to dance. Me and Marlene sway back and forth not really paying attention the music, more watching them. I can't hear what they say but they both laugh and I feel my face getting hot. Stupid jealousy.

Then the DJ announces a slow song. Me and Marlene get close my hands on her hips, her arms around my neck, still closely watching Tris. The songs starts and I don't recognize it at first. Then I hear I familiar part.

"I should've bought you flowers, and held your hand, should've gave you all my hours, when I had the chance, take you to every party cause all you wanted to do was dance, now my baby dancing, but she's dancing with another man."

The song hits me hard and I can't help but tear up. I room out of the building covering my face. The line of the song "but she's dancin with another man" replays in my mind over and over.

She's dancing with another man. And I don't think I've ever actually danced with her myself.

And I never will.