Chapter 8

Tobias POV:

Everyone is given some kind of weapon, a gun, knife, etc. We want to leave as soon as possible. I met with some people earlier to develope a plan. We don't know what the place looks like, and Tris only saw a few rooms-and her escape route. One of the woman announces the plan to everyone and we are ready to leave. We have several cars and trucks. I drive the first truck, Tris in the passenger seat. Christina, Zeke, and a few police sit in the back and in the trunk. After a little while I Tris instructions, I see an abandoned-looking building in the distance. It's only a couple miles from Bureau. If Tris leading u correctly, this is the building. "How exactly did you escape?" I ask. "You never said." "Someone attacked the building." She starts. " they didn't have enough people, so they were beat fast, but it took just long enough for me to escape while my room wasn't guarded. I just ran and never looked back. After a while I found Bureau and from there found Chicago." She explains.

When we get close enough, all the trucks stop and we storm out of the trucks. Tris hops out. "If I just sit in here, someone might shoot at me, and I won't have time to escape" she says. I motion for her to stay behind me. We run in and she realizes where we are. She leads me to the rooms where they held her. He wasn't the only one. There are five other rooms. Me and Tris start unlocking them. In one is a middle-aged woman with brown greasy hair. She has scars, but not normal ones. They look like they're from a... Whip. I'm so glad tris wasn't hit with one, from what I know. I open another, and inside is a boy. Well, a man. He has dark skin and dark hair. He is sitting against them wall, his arms on his legs, his head tucked into his arms. He looks up and our eyes meet.

It can't be, then again, Tris is alive. He runs up to me and hugs me. Uriah, he's alive, just like Tris. I start to wonder, now, how many people have "died" but really were kidnapped, or faked it. So far, Amar, Evelyn, Tris an Uriah have. I open the next door, just some older man I don't recognize, and meet Tris. She has a younger girl with her, about 10 maybe, and a teenage girl, probably 15 or 16. The seven of us start out, Tris in the front, me in the back. I shouldn't let her lead, but she has a gun, and she is healed enough. She holds a door open and let's us out. Everyone runs towards the trucks. I start to turn around to make sure she's following, and then I hear a gunshot. But it didn't hit her. It hit right above her. She starts to run, but something-probably what the bullet hit- comes down and hits her on the head. I run towards her. She's unconscious. I pick her up and carry her to the car.

We drove to the hospital. I now sit in the waiting room. They said she only had a concussion, but they wanted to do a few more tests. I watch as people rush in and out-hospitals are always busy-and try to see if I know anyone. After a while I get bored, but I can't go outside. Christina walks in. She looks worried-probably because Tris-but there's something else on her mind. "We found the leader of the kidnappers." Christina says. She must know the leader from somewhere, otherwise she wouldn't look so terrified. "It's..." She gulps, them continues. "Al" "How many people are going to turn up alive that were suppose to be dead!" I say. "Well," she says, and Uriah walks in. I already knew about him.

"We re done with Tris' tests now, she should wake up any minute." A nurse says. Me, Christina, and Uriah walk into her room. She looks so peaceful, but she's probably in pain. I walk up to her and hold her hand. Her eyes slowly open and I put my lips to hers. She starts to sit up, then pushes her hands against my chest-no, really, pushes me away. She looks angry, or confused, or both.

"Who are you?" She says