Chapter 21

Tris POV:

I can get around fine, but Chris still helps wheel me to Tobias' apartment.

She wheels me to the living room and I start to watch tv. They walk into the bedroom and I hear them talking but I can't understand what they're saying. Then they walk out and Christina just waves and leaves.

"What was that all about!" He asks when she leaves. "What?" I say. "Acting like your going to suicide while you we're with Christina!" He yells. "You know I'm not going to suicide! I learned at Erudite I don't want to die. I have every right to live, just not with you guys," I say. "What the hell are you talking about?" He yells.

"We'll I cause you so much pain. Now I have a wheelchair and you guys have to take care of me! And you thought I was dead which definitely caused you pain!" I yell.

"Who cares about pain? What about love and joy? You've brought an equal amount of that to our lives but obviously that doesn't matter. Just pain. Well that's the thing about pain, it demands to be felt (😏) and there's nothing we can do about it but keep hope" he says. "Tris I love you."

I just stare at the ground, my face wet with tears. I turn my wheel chair so I'm facing away from him. "You don't understand Four!" I say softly. "I cant cause anyone pain anymore. Not you not anyone." I say. "We'll if your not killing yourself then what are you trying to say?" He asks. "I'm breaking up with you" I say and wheel out the door.

When I get out the door Christina comes out hers. " I heard yelling what's wrong?" She asks. "Nothing I broke up with Tobias" I say. "What? Why?" She asks. I can't tell the real reason or she won't let me go. "We got in a fight, and I just couldn't take it, but I'm fine." I say. "Do you need to stay with me?" She asks. "No, I have another friend." I say. She bends down and hugs me. "Well, see ya later" she whispers. "Bye" I say and wheel down the hallway.