Chapter 16

Tris POV:

I'm finally starting to remember, but not enough. I'm laying in bed. It's dark so it must be late. I look over. 4:00 am. "You awake?"Tobias asks from the floor. "Ya, how'd you know?" I ask. "When you sleep, you don't move very much. So I heard you move and figured you were awake. And the fact that you took a nap right before going to bed." He says. He sits up and I see his smile in the dark. "Come on" he says. "Where are we going?" I ask. "My last hope of your memory returning." He says. Oh no, where this time?

We drive back to dauntless... Headquarters! Ya I remembered. Anyways, this time we don't go underground. We go in the tall glass building above. We walk into the elevator, and go up a few floors. Wait, elevator? Is that what this is called? That's what I just called it. We get out and my heart sinks.

I remember this hallway. It's the one my father died in. He slumped to the ground and died in front of me. I put a hand to my chest. "You remember?" Tobias asks. "My father. Died." I say. "Ya." He says. "Come." I follow him into a room. There are screens all over.

He sits, looking at the screens. They show all the parts of the town. This room, this place, these people, they're part of me.

Then I hear Tobias' voice. I don't know if it was in my head or If he really said it but It wakes me up. I am here, now, Tris Prior, Me. He stands up. I put my hand on his chest. He stares down. "I remember" I say, more of a whisper. "I remember" I say louder. I grab the collar of his shirt and put my lips on his. He puts his hands on my hips and I move my hands, one on his neck, my fingers in his hair, and the other lower. "Who am I" he says, his lips brushing against mine, "Tobias Eaton, Four, son of Marcus and Evelyn Eaton, also known as Tris Prior's boyfriend. He transferred from Abnegation to Dauntless. Four was the number one ranked in his initiates class but later worked in the control room. When he was 18 he became a Initiate Trainer. He-" I say "ok, ok I get it!" He says and smiles. I pull him close, so there's no room between our bodies. I put my head on his chest. "I remember" I repeat.